Sticky feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use sticky feet, although I have 100 pairs. I cover the floor in a bath towel. Works well and no orange soles.

Feeling a bit thick on this one so help me out guys....if the client is just standing on a clean black towel they still have to move and turn....so they are stepping in the tan that's landed on the towel and therefore must get it on their feet....or am i missing something? I'm quite new to all this so have decided to buy the sticky feet at least till I'm a but more experienced!

I've recently been wondering about this. I currently use 2 pieces of couch roll (one for each foot) and ask the client to put a bit of barrier cream on the soles of their feet. The idea of this is to get the couch roll to 'stick' to their feet.

This works perfectly for some people. Others try shaking it off as try turn round even though I will have told them countless times to keep it stuck to their feet! Think they get a bit nervous about stripping off and they don't listen to a word I'm saying! Another problem is sometimes the couch roll just doesnt stick to their feet and it becomes such a faff when their in the tent.

For these reasons I was considering using a towel but I think this maybe more work/more to carry if I'm tanning quite a few people in one evening. I was also really surprised to hear that the client didn't get tan on their feet at all as I really thought they would.

I keep flipping between swapping to towels, sticky feet or just sticking to couch roll and dealing with the individuals that it doesn't really work for!

I've recently been wondering about this. I currently use 2 pieces of couch roll (one for each foot) and ask the client to put a bit of barrier cream on the soles of their feet. The idea of this is to get the couch roll to 'stick' to their feet.

This works perfectly for some people. Others try shaking it off as try turn round even though I will have told them countless times to keep it stuck to their feet! Think they get a bit nervous about stripping off and they don't listen to a word I'm saying! Another problem is sometimes the couch roll just doesnt stick to their feet and it becomes such a faff when their in the tent.

For these reasons I was considering using a towel but I think this maybe more work/more to carry if I'm tanning quite a few people in one evening. I was also really surprised to hear that the client didn't get tan on their feet at all as I really thought they would.

I keep flipping between swapping to towels, sticky feet or just sticking to couch roll and dealing with the individuals that it doesn't really work for!

I just can't get couch roll or kitchen roll to stay on their feet yet my trainer managed it no problem! Now I'm worried after reading this thread that they won't be able to get their god damned sticky feet off!!!

Yes the clients do move about on the towel to get into different positions but there is so little solution on the towel that I have never had anyone get tanned soles.

Client facing forward:
the face
the torso
the front of the legs
tops and sides of arms

turn the client to the side:
wrist down arm, side & all the way down to ankle
the side of the boobs and hip area if a larger client
the inside of the furthest leg and inside of furthest arm

turn to other side and repeat above.

turn client to back:
torso
back of legs

turn them and check over
extra spray on face if wanted
spray clawed hands then feet
dry/warm them with the hose and they are done and get out of tent.

Not had anyone get tanned soles while using this routine with a towel and no sticky feet or any other protection on the feet.

I just can't get couch roll or kitchen roll to stay on their feet yet my trainer managed it no problem! Now I'm worried after reading this thread that they won't be able to get their god damned sticky feet off!!!

get the sticky feet with 2 bands of stickiness on them as opposed to the full foot that's sticky, easier to get off then, saying that though I have the feet which have full stickiness & never had a problem getting them off & If I remember rightly no customer has ever complained about it either x

Yes the clients do move about on the towel to get into different positions but there is so little solution on the towel that I have never had anyone get tanned soles.

Client facing forward:
the face
the torso
the front of the legs
tops and sides of arms

turn the client to the side:
wrist down arm, side & all the way down to ankle
the side of the boobs and hip area if a larger client
the inside of the furthest leg and inside of furthest arm

turn to other side and repeat above.

turn client to back:
torso
back of legs

turn them and check over
extra spray on face if wanted
spray clawed hands then feet
dry/warm them with the hose and they are done and get out of tent.

Not had anyone get tanned soles while using this routine with a towel and no sticky feet or any other protection on the feet.

Thanks Baggybear...boy do you know your stuff! That's a bit different to how I was trained but I'm keen to try it as it sounds a bit easier than my current way! :)

Thanks Baggybear...boy do you know your stuff! That's a bit different to how I was trained but I'm keen to try it as it sounds a bit easier than my current way! :)

If your going to try it then you need to know that the sideways stance is a bit weird but I just say to the client: arm & leg at the front of the tent go forward (arm up, palm to roof) and the arm and leg at the back of the tent go back (arm down, palm to floor).

It's kind of like a running pose lol.

This means that you can get at all 4 parts of the body nedded in one pose.

I always use sticky feet, always have and I've been tanning for 7 years. A black towel goes on the floor of the tent to stop any slipping. I think they are the most professional thing you can use to stop any tab getting on the soles of your clients feet. They don't cost a lot and I think it's well worth it. Customer service and the little things you do to look after a client will bring them back time and time again.

My home made sticky feet! Cheap as chips! And they work better! I just stick two strips of double sided tape on them x

liza, check how slippy they are yourself by putting them on yoru own feet and standing in the poses in your tent. i made these in the past and found them so so slippy, really dangerous. i would hate you to end up with a liability claim!. perhaps if they are slippy you could add a towel on the floor of the tent. best of luck with them x

I tried them yesterday, they were perfect. I do have a towel on the bottom of the tent too so it doesn't slip, also the vinyl on my tannin floor isn't slippy it has a slight grippy feel to it so it's ok :) x saved myself a few pennys x

Latest posts

Back