Stubborn grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouBaby

Reaction score
Hey Fellow Geeks!

Right, where to start!

I have been going to this client for about two years. And when i started going id say she had 70% grey really thick, resistant hair which grows like mad!

And her complaint about her previous hairdresser was she didnt cover the grey properly, so at the time she was a base 6. so i found it easy to cover to be honest i used neat peroxide on the roots left for 10 mins then applied mixed tint (Fudge Paint box with 6%) and covered fine. About 6-7 months ago she decided she wanted lighter hair and we went for bleach 6% and same base around it. fine. Then bleach was too light and clients decided she didnt want bleach and wanted like a base 8 -9 foils with a golden tone so i was using 8.3 or 8.34. (which wasnt covering grey properly id say 80% coverage.) so 2 weeks later id be going back and reapplying roots. (when she was having foils). i also tried the same shades in l'oreal supreme range but didnt work either.

Anyway ive explained that doesnt seem to matter what i do the lighter shades dont cover 100% and i have ran out of idea's now. and personally as we all know after two weeks and your grey (id now say the client is 80-90% grey) you will have a slight regrowth..

What are your opinions..? ( i wont take any negative to heart, i just really dont know what to do.) xxx

I use liquid 20vol dry it into the hair then apply over the top normally for stubborn greys not sure this is much help as similar to what your doing I use majirel colours but as u say u do have some regrowth even after 2 weeks I'm very grey and have gone dark and lighter and still can see the greys as soon as there coming through!! Nitemare grey hair!! Xx

I use liquid 20vol dry it into the hair then apply over the top normally for stubborn greys not sure this is much help as similar to what your doing I use majirel colours but as u say u do have some regrowth even after 2 weeks I'm very grey and have gone dark and lighter and still can see the greys as soon as there coming through!! Nitemare grey hair!! Xx

I would pre soften too, I also hav a client in the same boat, but at a level 7, not as much coverage as the dark base previous.
She probably can't notice it though, I wouldn't stress too much.
Let us know how you get on.xx

Sounds like a client of mine who ive been struggling to get good coverage at depth of an 8. Only thing ive found works for her is pretinting using tint mxed with water, then applying your normal tint directly on top. First time i tried this with her, we were both delighted with results.

Have you tried using 3%? I find this excellent on stubborn greys...although can make colour a bit darker than normal!

Have you tried the double base colours say 88/0? I have a client who's exactly the same and the double base helps.

i too use the double base colours on grey, they give great coverage!

Latest posts

Back