Sun bed courses-how to keep track?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I have never had sunbeds in a salon before but as I am about to take over a salon that has them I would really appreciate if anyone could help or have any advice.

How do you keep track of subbed courses? Do you give them a card that has say 60 minutes and cross it of/ deduct every time they use them?
Or have you created your own spreadsheet? If so what do you do?

I'm currently trying out the shedul booking system but it doesn't have a sun bed option on there.

I didn't really want to have to pay out for a seperate system just to keep track of courses.

If anyone has any ideas on how to keep track of this I would really appreciate it. :)

You can buy sunbed cards at beauty express/sallys. Just fill them in and deduct minutes everytime client comes in xx

I have a sunbed and beauty salon and I basically have everyone's cards in alphabetical order then you give them a card to keep track too and you just deduct the minutes as they use them.
I hope you've got a receptionist to help you run the beds because I'm just realising what a nightmare there becoming now summers coming and I'm constantly having to break off to sort sunbed customers it's a nightmare[emoji85] that said they are a good earner!
Hope this helps a little x

Last edited:
Thank you for you replys, I don't have a receptionist :-s so I am abut nervous as I hate having interrupt someone's treatment so trying to think of the quickest way to deal with subbed clients. The sunbeds at the salon uses tokens that you put into a thing on the wall in the subbed room. I'm not sure how this works- if tokens are a certain amount of minutes- say 5 minutes per token- (not sure if anyone would have more info how this works- if I'd have to set a time or something?) then the client can just be given the tokens and put it in the machine themselves so all I have to do is take the money and their name. - or if there on a course maybe give them a card and deduct the minutes they use every time? Or on the computer system where clients names are I can put notes- so I could put down how many minutes they have brought and just deduct them every time they come in.

I work as a beautician in a sunbed shop (3 beds in total) and theres no way i could do a days treatments while trying to serve the sunbed clients as the beds are so busy!
We have one, sometimes 2 members of staff running the reception desk dealing with the beds (and helping me out too when they can) your not just giving out the tokens & updating their cards, once they leave the bed you have to give it a clean with sanitiser spray & couchroll too. (Some creams are a buggar to get off!)

Our beds are set up to take tokens- each token is worth 3 minutes & ppl can use 3,6,9,12 or 15 minutes in total (so they are given 1,2,3,4,5 tokens) and we keep their details on pre-printed cards from our wholeseller. the cards (we have hundreds) are kept in alphebetical order & keep a track of what courses have been bought & usage (theres a legal limit on sunbed usage so you have to keep records)

There is a sun bed association, it might be worth joining them for advice & ideas on best practice xx

ooh, and if its a new client you physically have to show them how to put the tokens in/ settings on the beds fans/music/facial tanner etc otherwise you get half naked confused ppl wandering out the rooms asking why the beds not working lol!

In all, running beds and doing treatments would be a no no!

Xx

Latest posts

Back