Sunless tanning woes.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
I cannot begin to describe how utterly furious I am right now.
I placed an order with a well known tanning company last week. I was told my goods would be with me midweek this week. As they still hadn't arrived today I called to investigate. I was put on hold for 17, yep, 17 minutes, then was told they'd have to look into it. They kept trying to tell me I was based in Southampton, despite my not even having an SO postcode, and was I sure I was Calla Salon, and not Calla Beauty Treatments?
I called them back a couple of hours later, on hold for 11 minutes this time. Ah yes they said, sorry about the confusion, we've got a new system and loads of people are off sick today so it's a bit busy, we've put your order through now, should be with you next week. Except I have my training with this company on Monday, and I have clients booked in for Tuesday. And I have no kit. Nothing. Zip. Nada. OK, we'll send it next day, they say.
Right, panic over.
So I call into Waitrose on the way home and imagine my complete embarrassment when my card is declined. Twice.
I call the card company to discover that the tanning company has put my credit card expiry date in incorrectly so the card issuer has put a stop on my account until it's sorted out. I almost expire with fury at this point. Neither the tanning company nor the card issuer bothered to call me to let me know that there was a problem. I have no goods, no way of getting any, and two clients on Tuesday.
I've just called my rep and left a message, but something tells me she won't call until tomorrow.
Did I mention that I'm incandescent with rage?
Not the most auspicious of starts with a supplier, eh?

crikey! If you speak to them tomorrow be super firm and say you want your goods sending via 24hours courier PRONTO plus some kind of comp for them being so rubbish!

Mmm, I think I'd be pretty hacked off too. Have a :hug:, deep breaths.....

I agree with sodabubble, phone the company and get them to sort it. What about phoning your two clients and explaining the situation to them, tell them that you may have to rearrange their appointments for when you finally get your stock. It's not ideal, but you may find it will just take the edge of the pressure off you.

Just had another thought - if you're having the training on Monday, why can the trainer not get the stock for you? Or at least something to tide you over until you get your proper order? They should be bending over backwards to help you!

Have you sorted your tan problem and did the rep call you

My rep rang first thing yesterday morning to apologise and to find out what had gone wrong. I had a couple of calls to the card company; the first one to determine the status of my card - it was still on stop, and the second to confirm that it had been taken off stop and that there was no blight to my otherwise pristine credit rating. My rep told me the goods would be with me today, but somehow they turned up yesterday! This could have been a disaster as I was out all day, but thankfully my husband was at home. I've been going through my order this morning and am rather disappointed that the goodwill freebies are not in evidence, and the retail sized self tanning lotion is out of stock, along with the after care cards and the bronzer tester. Hey ho.
I think they have a few staffing problems. Having managed people in the past I know just how damaging to a brand poor customer service staff are.
I've calmed down now, but the whole experience has left rather a nasty taste in my mouth.

Latest posts

Back