Supernail L&P Has anyone used this product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
Saw the advert in Scratch mag where you purchase the Supernail monomer and then get the Pink, White, and Clear powder free. Thought it seemed like a good offer and thought I would give their products a try. Has anyone used these products, and if so how good/bad are they. Any opinions would be greatfully received.

Thanks

valburt said:
Saw the advert in Scratch mag where you purchase the Supernail monomer and then get the Pink, White, and Clear powder free. Thought it seemed like a good offer and thought I would give their products a try. Has anyone used these products, and if so how good/bad are they. Any opinions would be greatfully received.

Thanks

Ive got to be honest here Val but Ive never heard of it!.....was it in this months Scratch? Im going to have a nice cuppa tea and have another read of me old Scratch mag! It looks like I missed a bit! :zzz:
(Half asleep as usual!!)

It was a full page ad, on page 35 of March Scratch.

hi

i may be wrong, but i vaguely(?) remember reading somewhere that this is not the supernail that do glass glaze etc but a brand imported by mad beauty, like i said i could be wrong, i don't think that helps you at all but there you go!!!

Hi Val....Ive checked out the ad!
I have never tried this one....when I saw Supernail.....I thought it was "Supernail" as in Backscratchers etc........Im not sure it is.... :rolleyes:
Its distributed by MadBeauty and I always thought THE Supernail products were only exclusively available from Supernail UK in London.
I certainly KNOW that Supernail products like Glass Glaze, Extreme Powders etc....cannot be purchased in any of your fave cash and carry's as that Advert states!
Let us know how you get on with it, if you do decide to take advantage of MadBeauty's offer.

Jacky said:
Hi Val....Ive checked out the ad!
I have never tried this one....when I saw Supernail.....I thought it was "Supernail" as in Backscratchers etc........Im not sure it is.... :rolleyes:
Its distributed by MadBeauty and I always thought THE Supernail products were only exclusively available from Supernail UK in London.
I certainly KNOW that Supernail products like Glass Glaze, Extreme Powders etc....cannot be purchased in any of your fave cash and carry's as that Advert states!
Let us know how you get on with it, if you do decide to take advantage of MadBeauty's offer.

I thought I'd throw in my twopenneth.

While I was at Olympia, I was very tired after walking around and around, and my poor debit card was steaming! I was about to leave when I came across a stall for Supernail Professional. I got talking to the lady there (very good saleswoman, I must say!) This product has been around for years in the USA, and Mad Beauty have recently brought it to the UK. It is confusing, I know, it is NOT anything to do with the Supernail that distributes Backscratchers products.

As I said, very good saleswoman as I was very tired, wanted to go home, but she said that she thought this product was as good as the top ones you currently get in this country, but at a lower price. They do coloured powders too. The woman who was demonstrating had come over from the USA specifically for the show. I asked her if seeing this was a cheaper product, did it have any MMA in it, she shreiked,"NO NO NO, no way!" I think I actually upset her by asking such a question.

Anyway, I bought the 8 fl oz liquid and primer, which meant you get three 2 oz powders free (pink, white & clear) for £24. It was a bargain, IF it was any good!

I tried it on my nail trainer the other day, and in my opinion, it is really rather good. I thought it behaved very much like the top two makes that I have tried.

I shall certainly be watching what happens with this product in the future, and I shall definitely be asking my clients opinions of it in the future.

Well today I tested my supernail L&P out on my daughter. I did one hand with Supernail and the other with 'a more expensive' brand (wont say which one as I dont want to slag off any other companies products). She has never had nails done before and so was very intriuged. Afterwards I asked her what she thought of them and if she thought there was any difference between the hands. She said that she prefered the Supernail hand as - in her words- there is no difference to look at, but that hands nails felt lighter. ???? Now whether that is anything to do with the way i have applied the product, I dont know. But she is under instructions to keep a sharp eye on the nails and to ring me if she sees any signs of lifting etc. She lives in Bristol so I wont be able to look at them myself. I will keep you posted on this one. But the product was very nice to work with, and the sculpting, which I am very new to, looked ok.

Does anyone know if they do it in a creamy natural coloured powder.

Love Val

I used to use Supernail back in the early 90's, if this is the same one we speak of...I'm in US so I can't get Scratch :sad: I stopped using it because it was one of the "cheap brands" here, it didn't level well and just lumped up unnecessarily...again, that was a number of years ago so they may have improved their formula. I haven't used it in years, I'm now using Tammy Taylor. Hopefully they have improved things, but I just wanted to give you my experience with it.

Hi I am in Swindon and am interested in the results with this product!!!

Are you thinking of purcasing some nicki ??

Ms.Matrix said:
I used to use Supernail back in the early 90's, if this is the same one we speak of...I'm in US so I can't get Scratch :sad: I stopped using it because it was one of the "cheap brands" here, it didn't level well and just lumped up unnecessarily...again, that was a number of years ago so they may have improved their formula. I haven't used it in years, I'm now using Tammy Taylor. Hopefully they have improved things, but I just wanted to give you my experience with it.

The sales lady at Olympia said that this was a new formula, so I'm guessing that it must be different to when you tried it.

I have to say, I did one hand on myself with it tonight, (when I tried it before it was on my nail trainer). I have to say, I found it very good to use again.

I've been to the supplying companies website but they are building it at the mo, so there's not a lot there. I have asked for a catalogue tho, as I'm that impressed with it!

The white is a lovely bright, creamy white, I can't see any imperfections in the product. I am gonna see how well it lasts, and get back to you.

Teena_B said:
The sales lady at Olympia said that this was a new formula, so I'm guessing that it must be different to when you tried it.

I have to say, I did one hand on myself with it tonight, (when I tried it before it was on my nail trainer). I have to say, I found it very good to use again.

I've been to the supplying companies website but they are building it at the mo, so there's not a lot there. I have asked for a catalogue tho, as I'm that impressed with it!

The white is a lovely bright, creamy white, I can't see any imperfections in the product. I am gonna see how well it lasts, and get back to you.

Well, I'm glad it's a new formula...I wonder are they using the new formula in the states as well??

P.S. I love your avatar!!:D

Here is an update. I have spoken to Trevor Cash at Super nail and he has asked me to pass on to Ms Matrix, that it is a new formula from the US brand you tried before and he says for you to look out for it coming to the US. (I will pm you this just in case you dont re-read the thread).

But for everyone else, I can report that I am having very good results with it and will definitely be buying some more when this is used up.

Love Val

Yeah I got your pm, I tried to reply but your box is full. I'm glad it is a new formula, I will be looking for it when it comes to the States. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back