Supposed 'fully qualified nail tech' saturation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Separate courses ARE available!! Have been for years. That is what CND Master Classes are for, because you cannot learn everything on a beginners course; you must have ongoing education throughout an entire career and take it all in bit by bit as with every other profession. Most nail companies do not offer on going education and if they do it is always about application .... For more than 15 years CND have offered Master Classes that cover considerably more than application which is why which is why those who have passed their CND Masters are the best educated nail technicians in the world.

An internship or apprenticeship stage should be mandatory for all nail technicians IMHO.

Here Here! This is why and i am biased that when we see CND trained it means properly trained.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

No one is to blame and for what? In the case of some Shellac classes ... The certificate is for attending so all would get one; there are no assessments either practical or written on the class you attended. ... That would not happen on a master artist class if proficiency was not reached.

I honestly do not accept that anyone who has a passion for what they are learning is incapable of retaining information. We all have to revisit our notes or books from time to time but if you use the information you learn every day in your work then you will retain it. For example, If you never use the term eponychium when speaking to your clients, you will forget the word eponychium ... Use it or loose it! Charge what your work is worth. If it's not good work ... No one will pay you more than once at a large price. If you are worth the price people will return.

When i did my nail training with CND, there was a written test/exam,a practical one too. The written side was about the nail biology, infection and product knowledge. And on this course out of the 12 who were there, 3 did not pass and had to return to re-sit the written and practical.
There was not a pay your money, and have a certificate at the end. This was not option.

When i did my nail training with CND, there was a written test/exam,a practical one too. The written side was about the nail biology, infection and product knowledge. And on this course out of the 12 who were there, 3 did not pass and had to return to re-sit the written and practical.
There was not a pay your money, and have a certificate at the end. This was not option.

Thank you, lysa. On assessed CND classes if you do not pass you need to resist.

Thank you, lysa. On assessed CND classes if you do not pass you need to resist.

And I my mind and in our 'trade' this must be the ONLY way forward.x

Latest posts

Back