Taking on a trainee - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle Eacock

Bubbles89
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been doing hair extensions for 3 years now so I have a decent client base. Im thinking about taking on a trainee as id like to go travelling next year but I dont want to let down / give up my clients.
A client of mine actually contacted me previously asking if she could come and work with me and shes still interested. I dont however know her particularly well and im concerned after all the hard work ive put into building my business / brand I could waste time training someone who could just leave and set up a rival business or attempt to take away my clients. Is this just a risk I will have to take?

Has anyone else done this or tried this? Any tips, hints or experiences anyone can share to help a girl out?

Thank you guys, Dani xxx

Hey, I wouldn't risk. It. she could take all your clients. Let your clients know you are off traveling.. if your good and they like you, clients will return when your back.

Also do you have your PTLLS and have an insurance company that will accredit your course and insure her?

You would need to have an accredited course as far as I know to be able to train her and give her a certificate so that she can gain insurance x

Latest posts

Back