Tanning under 18's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldeb85

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just wondering what everyone's policies are for tanning under 18's.

I will tan 12 - 16 year olds (I have a lot of dancers) but only once their parents have signed a consent form, are present during the tan and they must wear the equivalent of a bikini or more and only for their competitions.

I've not had any 16 to 18 year olds yet but will do in feb. I was thinking of setting the same regulations just without the parent having to be in the room and not just for comps.

Also, I've been getting requests for under 12's for the competitions and not sure what to do. I personally wouldn't want my daughter to have one so young (I think 16 would be my preference) but these girls are really into their comps and they've got to look the part.

What would everyone else do?

Thanks

Hi

What does your insurance say? It my make the decision for you? Also would you mind if I borrowed your consent form? Im planning for some 16 - 18 year olds when prom season comes up

Thanks

Claire

I'm on my iPad at the minute so can't send it to you now but if you pm me you're email address, I'll be on the laptop at some point next week so I'll send it through.

Going to have a read through my docs now!

Ive just PM-ed you thank you - if your insurance will let you then I guess its down to your personal preference

The only potential problem is if you dont they will eventually falling into the 12-16 year olds and will prob have preferred tanner by then so you could be doing yourself out of future work - however if you dont want to dont do it!

The pro's are in my opinion:
You know your giving them a safe tan with professional pre and post advice
You know you'll do a great job and will be creating further work for yourself in the future

The con's in my opinion:
I guess its just how you feel about doing it?

Hope that has helped abit? I think if the insurance does say you can tan under 12's then there really isnt a right or wrong answer just what you want to do

:)

The thing is, I've met a lot of these girls and they're not doing it for vanity, it's purely for the comp. whenever I see them, they're all showing me films of their last comps and they put so much hard work into it. I know they can't use self tans anymore as the venues had to keep reprinting due to all hand marks etc

If it was for pure vanity, I would just say no, but they just put so much time, effort and money into it all and they get so excited about the comps (to the point where they get me giddy and I have to ask for their results from mums after!)

I'm going to check through my docs and see what it says. I know that I wouldn't go any younger than 8 years old and ONLY for comps.

I'll make sure I send you the form through this week x

I think if it were me in this situation as long as my insurance lets me I would do it - as you said its for a dance competition not for a night out lol

Thank you I appreciate it :)

I can't find anything about age restrictions in my policy docs but I'm actually going to ring them to double and triple check it.

We was taught in training that there is no legal age limit for a spray tan in the UK anyway but i would guess it's Down to your personal preference and also your insurance. Hope that helps.

Thanks, it does. I've tried to google age restrictions but its all to do with sun beds and couldn't find anything about spray tans. I know it sounds awful but I'm using 16 and under to have parents present based on the age of consent law. I just want to cover my back at all times. X

Latest posts

Back