Tantrick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellie xx

Reaction score
Hi girlies!

Ok, so I think I have now made my decision and I'm going to go for the Tantrick spray tan but my salon is quite small so will need to use a pop up tent. Do you think it will look professional enough?? Also do you know the best place to get it all from? xx

The Tantrick kit (including the tent) looks plenty professional enough - I was certainly impressed when I experienced it all in action at Tonilee's salon!

I got my tent brand new from ebay, about £60 including p&p

bargain eh:)

Hi girlies!

Ok, so I think I have now made my decision and I'm going to go for the Tantrick spray tan but my salon is quite small so will need to use a pop up tent. Do you think it will look professional enough?? Also do you know the best place to get it all from? xx

Pop up tents are professional so you will be fine using one of these.

There are many places on the www that will sell them so do a search or use the search facility on here !!!

Personally I find that the bronze tents let more light through and Ive used the black as well and do prefer the bronze.

Good luck in finding one.

Hi michelle,
there is always a bargain to be had or someone that will sell you something cheaper however buying from E bay etc isn't always the best route to go.

Yes you may well save a few pennies at the offset but what happens when things go wrong with what you have bought..will your supplier give you assistance?

I have to say that we "rescue" numerouse people each and every week who have "bought something cheaper " from the internet and that the supplier is nowhere to be seen when the equipment goes wrong.

It is always advisable to purchase your exuipment from the brand you are choosing to go with as that suplier has a vested intrest in keeping you going and is far more likley to be of greater assistance to you when things go wrong rather.

Remember "things are cheap for a reason" you are entering into a buisness venture and you will no doubt at some point need the assistance of the company you are using product with.

Good luck with your training and new buisness venture :hug:

Hi michelle,
there is always a bargain to be had or someone that will sell you something cheaper however buying from E bay etc isn't always the best route to go.

Yes you may well save a few pennies at the offset but what happens when things go wrong with what you have bought..will your supplier give you assistance?

I have to say that we "rescue" numerouse people each and every week who have "bought something cheaper " from the internet and that the supplier is nowhere to be seen when the equipment goes wrong.

It is always advisable to purchase your exuipment from the brand you are choosing to go with as that suplier has a vested intrest in keeping you going and is far more likley to be of greater assistance to you when things go wrong rather.

Remember "things are cheap for a reason" you are entering into a buisness venture and you will no doubt at some point need the assistance of the company you are using product with.

im sorry i dont agree e bay has a lot of good fair traders !! myself one i hope
why pay top price when you can get at a better deal on e bay i also sell top quality pop up tents if you are intrested just let me know
i will always help if anyone has a problem. x:eek:

im sorry i dont agree e bay has a lot of good fair traders !! myself one i hope
why pay top price when you can get at a better deal on e bay i also sell top quality pop up tents if you are intrested just let me know
i will always help if anyone has a problem. x:eek:

Not wishing to be specific to the way in which you choose to trade or with you Shadez but in general terms E Bay trading is something that causes us no end of problems in having to repalce,rectify or repair equipment that someone has bought "cheap" because the supplier is either unwilling to help or has simply dissapeared off the face of the earth and the customer has been "left high and dry" leaving those of us with established buisneses to mop up after them.

I deal with numerouse cases each and every week in rescueing individuals who have fallen foul of E bay traders in this way.

Personally speaking I would never by professional products or equipment from ebay to use in my salon, on my clients. For all of the reasons collin has mentioned and Id also rather pay the right price and know 100% that what im receiving from my supplier is the real deal. And im sure many others feel the same way.

Personally speaking I would never by professional products or equipment from ebay to use in my salon, on my clients. For all of the reasons collin has mentioned and Id also rather pay the right price and know 100% that what im receiving from my supplier is the real deal. And im sure many others feel the same way.

Good for you Nicki..I think it only right and propper that you pro's support us pro's :hug:

Hi michelle,

I totally agree Collin, well said.

I would also like to add a comment about the wonderful customer support that i have recieved from Collin at Tantrick.

Collin went over and beyond the call of duty to help and support me with a problem that i presented him with a few weks ago.
I wouldn't get THAT kind of support from e-bay.

Back to the original posters question: A pop up tent is very professional, and the best place to get the tent is where you will be buying your kit from.

I bought my tent from Tantrick when i did my training in 2006, and i know that if i ever had any problems with it , tantrick would be there to help,support and advise.

E-bay has its place , but for professional products , when its your business equipment then you wont go far wrong with sticking with your suppliers, and that goes for any type of business,be it nails, skincare etc.

I will only reccommend someone when i can honestly put my hand on my heart, and say they are excellent.
In my experience tantrick customer care/service and the products are just that.

Elaine xx:hug:

I totally agree Collin, well said.

I would also like to add a comment about the wonderful customer support that i have recieved from Collin at Tantrick.

Collin went over and beyond the call of duty to help and support me with a problem that i presented him with a few weks ago.
I wouldn't get THAT kind of support from e-bay.

Back to the original posters question: A pop up tent is very professional, and the best place to get the tent is where you will be buying your kit from.

I bought my tent from Tantrick when i did my training in 2006, and i know that if i ever had any problems with it , tantrick would be there to help,support and advise.

E-bay has its place , but for professional products , when its your business equipment then you wont go far wrong with sticking with your suppliers, and that goes for any type of business,be it nails, skincare etc.

I will only reccommend someone when i can honestly put my hand on my heart, and say they are excellent.
In my experience tantrick customer care/service and the products are just that.

Elaine xx:hug:

Wow thanks Elaine..:o

With regards to products and equipment, in this case Pop-up tent, I would personally tend to go direct to the supplier if they are happy to sell to the end-user.

I approached the Spray Tan Cubicle Company direct to purchase my pop-up tent as they are the manufacturers. They offer back up and support if anythng goes wrong and also cheaper than some tanning companies who probably purchase it from them to begin with and are prone to slap an extra £50 on top.

Ebay isn't always great for items that can go wrong - so for peace of mind try and buy from a reputable supplier-hth:)

well the tent I bought from ebay is brilliant, no problems at all with it, and half the price too.

I know a lot of rubbish is sold on ebay but amongst the dodgy arfur daleys out there, there are honest decent folk who actually do ,make a living from ebay, there are a lot of shops on there, and if you read their feedback you can generally get a feel about what type of seller they are.

but having said that there is a lot of things I wouldn't buy eg...any electrical equipment, lotions/solutions etc...

before my tent me last ebay purchase was a portable manicure table from a lady who was closing her salon, fantastic, so all ebaying isn't bad.

Wow, thank you all for your responses ~ didn't mean to cause a debate or anything!! Anyway, Collin I am totally sold ~ tantrick it is. I have to say I have been trying a few salons out that offer different tans, been to the show at excel and tried some out and the best one by far so far is tantrick and the fact that you are a fellow geek has swayed me too!

Tracey that is a really good thought about the colour of the tent ~ I had never even thought of that!! I have to say I'm a spray tan virgin when it comes to doing the treatment so any advice is really welcome here!!

So would you all say that it is a very popular treatment in your salons? How do you all make sure you have efficient lighting? And what about ventilation? What are the regulations?? xx

If you are worried about lighting the SprayTanCubicle company who manufactur the pop-up tents supply lights that you clip on to the side of the tent (approx £25) I think...:)

If you are worried about lighting the SprayTanCubicle company who manufactur the pop-up tents supply lights that you clip on to the side of the tent (approx £25) I think...:)

Wow, they really have thought of everything haven't they? Thank you Roxy xx

And what about ventilation? What are the regulations?? xx

Dont' worry to much at this stage about these things as they will all be covered in your training..good luck:hug:

Thank you Collin, can't wait now! xx

Latest posts

Back