Test pieces for colour amongst other things..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

Reaction score
Does anybody else do this?
If im unsure i always test 1st....I returned to a lady today with her test piece, her hair is a shop bought red (arghh) and she wanted 'lovely white h/l' I told her it wouldnt be happening overnight thats for sure lol and would show her what colour the 1st stage would be.
Anyhow she decided she cant bear to be in her words 'gingery pink' (wasnt that bad lol)but getting to the point she said she had never had a test piece done before??
She had had a similar red years ago and the 'hairdresser' said yes no prob to getting it white in one go and bleached her hair several times in as many hours but lots of her hair broke off and she had to have it cut short!!!!
So she asked me why I didnt just do that to her instead of testing it as i would still earn the money???
I told her she was welcome to go to someone else who 'may' do this for her but my rep/conscious is more important!
Seriously are there hairdressers out there who will do anything even trash someones hair just for the sake of earning money....
hmmmm rant over...sorry it was so long winded :o

Last edited:
I insist on test pieces for new clients-u never know if the previous chemicals will be incompatible. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Always makes me laugh when clients have long hair and say it's completely natural colour because they haven't dyed it for 6 months??

Always makes me laugh when clients have long hair and say it's completely natural colour because they haven't dyed it for 6 months??

haha yeah but I think they really believe it!!!

i think very few hairdressers do test pieces to be honest hun , usualy i think they presume it will turn out good , me personally prefer doing test pieces as 1 i am not a mega confident colorist so would hate to mess it up
2 obviously you dont know what they have on ,
3 it give them the idea of what to realisitically expect :D

Latest posts

Back