The big chill! Is it affecting your products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that after doing NNO on myself I have lifting at my free edge!! something which I have done on myself loads of times before and have never had! Can only put it down to this weather... The acrylic did not seem to want to set at all. On a different note have been using heated mitts to warm my clients hands up which seems to be working!!

my primer was set solid too!!! warmed it in my pocket while waiting for my 1st client to arrive, i've been very quiet this week too, i usually get a few walk ins a day too but none this week, hubby is a builder so its been bad for him too!! & i fell flat on my face just as i got to the salon!!! ouch!

Just to add guys monomer is better suited to cold climates rather than warm. It will sit happily in temps up to -30 (so think were okay in uk guys :) ) although it will need little acoutomising to room temp, ie take it out and shake it a little and as prev poster said maybe wrap towel around and near radiator for few mins just to get it to room temp, although it wont make any drastic dif if you dont. Cold drafts would be more of a problem than the cold itself when working with monomer iygwim,,,,,also heat is more of a problem with monomer than what the cold is,,,, xxxxxx its a shme it's not the case with us humans,,, lol
:)

Latest posts

Back