The Encyclopedia of Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was having a browse on Amazon today and found a rather interesting book. The Encyclopedia of Nails by Jaqui Jefford & Anne Swain. I noticed it has nothing short of a 5 star rating and was wandering if any of you have this book at all as I am thinking of buying it but wanted to know first of all if this book has benefited you as students and professionals or does the book contain the general things you would normally learn at any Creative Nail or EZ Flow course. I have such trouble making decisions like this, don't want to waste money.

It is supposed to be a bible for any Nail Technician! Would really appreciate your input before I make my desicion. Thank you! :wink2:

Rose

Hi Rose, I have this book and have found it an absolute godsend! I'ts helped me no end with my creative course. It has got alot of information in it which you would learn on any course, however theres alot of other interesting bits in it as well, plus i always find its helpful to be able to read up on something you already know just to make sure its sunk in properly..specially when your part of a full class as theres normally quite alot going on and i get easily distracted!

Gemma xx

i've got it and its fantastic - definitely worth investing in.
also, if funds permit, get the book by Marian Newman (mum on here) - complete nail technician but there is a new revised edition out, so make sure you get the latest one

I bought the Marian Newman book and it's fantastic, I read it from cover to cover when I first got it. Its also very handy to refer to if you are unsure of something.

Tickled Pink! said:
i've got it and its fantastic - definitely worth investing in.
The book in question is a definite must buy! xx

marie111 said:
I bought the Marian Newman book and it's fantastic, I read it from cover to cover when I first got it. Its also very handy to refer to if you are unsure of something.
DITTO, this book is a must have for anyone wanting to know more.......
The second edition is brill and will also help you no end if you are doing your NVQ.........all information is the latest.............and will enhance any fab nail education ( sorry had to say that)

This book has to be the best book I have bought and contained virtually everything I needed to know for doing the NVQ.

It is definately money well spent !

please do not hesitate to buy this book it is fantastic absolutly brilliant and worth every penny!

just to add to the long list, yep, definately a fab book!

i picked mine up from WHSmiths.

xxx

For books try www.play.com there cheaper than Amazon and their delivery is free.

The book your talking about is very good and helped me alot when I was training for nails and the M2 and M74.

Dawn :)

Both books are good. The Encyclopedia of Nails and the one by Marian Newman, (The complete nail technician).

The Encyclopedia of Nails is a friendlier read and has lots of stuff about how to start off a new business, the parts of nails, nail diseases, you name it.....Well worth the £20 it sells for.

Hiya,

yeah its a fab book, but the Complete Nail Technician II Edition by Marian Newman is a little more up to date and covers all area of Nail enhancements and Natural Nail care and is to the standard of NVQ too!!!! I prefer this one IMHO

Amanda

Hi there i have a second hand Encyclopedia of Nails for sale if u want. let me know!

alisondenn said:
Hi there i have a second hand Encyclopedia of Nails for sale if u want. let me know!
Thank you very much Alison for the offer but I placed my order last night for this wonderful book!!

Thank you all for your help, it was alot easier deciding when you read such good feedback.

Lotsaluv :hug:

Rose

Latest posts

Back