The Official .X Factor thread !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhh she could hardly speek for the tears..shes got an amazing voice makes ya wonder how she belts it out.

again well done leona!!!! xx

I am glad she one, her voice is totally pitch perfect.

Wasn't Ray so dignified and real - his first thought at the end was to go and hug Leona - what a nice guy - hope he gets a record contract too!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww im so so gutted ray didnt win!!! :'( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

xxxx

I am devastated 'the song' was written for her she quivered her way through the evenng and she still has the personality of a baked bean - and I mean no disrespect to baked beans

Ah shes just a baby ..she just knows how to sing at the moment. Now she will get everyone coaching her and trying to change her lets just hope shes given some good songs ,she could probably do with being fixed up with Gary Barlow as her song writer i thought he was really having a genuine dig at Simon to not let her slide into obscurity like so many others.And you really are only as good as your last song or album even Robbies slipped since he decided he was a better song writer than guy chambers and let him go ..big mistake.

well i think leona is brill - and has a better voice than ray, all he could do is bloody cry, does that get him more votes, i dont think so. the best person won in my opinion. bet ray couldnt sing a whitney song like leona can, and do it bloody well

I think she was the best to win but she was good at the kind of songs she sings and Ray is good at the kind of songs he sings. I dont think Leona could sing Frank Sinatra or Elvis songs no where near as good as Ray so they were equally good in their field.

As far as ray crying, it shows he has feelings and is qenuinely overwhelmed with it all. He will do well from the show.

To me they both won, lets not put down any of them.:rolleyes:

Leona is such a star that it would have been a farse if she hadn't won.

Ultimately it is a singing competition and she was the better singer by far,HOWEVER that winners single was chosen with HER in mind,he didn't stand a chance imo !!

Ultimately it is a singing competition and she was the better singer by far,HOWEVER that winners single was chosen with HER in mind,he didn't stand a chance imo !!

You say that Becki, but they didn't sing it until very near the end of the second show, so I don't think that it will have had a chance to swing the votes too much, and she sang it second.

I think the difference is that Leona was able to completely shine in every category and never once struggled with anything that they gave her, whether the song was originally written for a man or a woman. Yet Ray (who I loved too btw) was good at his swing thing, but not great at anything else IMO, surely to be a successful artist you need to be able to adapt anything to suit you.

I don't mean it influenced the votes Rach,but it was never Ray's single it was chosen with Leona's vocal range in mind !

I'm not a fan of X Factor and have only watched the past couple of weeks so have just got to know what Ray and Leona are like but I totally agree that the winners single is so for Leona and not Rays voice think that was a shame.

from what i read in the papers the winner's single was chosen weeks ago, so yes the odds were that leona would be in the final but i personally think both Ben and Eton Road would have made a good job of that song as for Ray he was the only one who did swing so they could hardly have chosen a song with that in mind!

I don't mean it influenced the votes Rach,but it was never Ray's single it was chosen with Leona's vocal range in mind !

I totally agree... that song just didnt sound right with Ray singing it. Leonas versions was perfect.
I am glad she won.. I knew she would from the very start.

I have NEVER EVER considered going and buying an album of a winner from these types of shows, however.. Leona is brill and on the same par as my fave artists like Mariah and Whitney..I would definately consider buying her album.
Bet simon will be having her do cover versions though. But I do think she'll go far and not fade into the background like every other winner. That steve Brookstein didnt carry on cos covers is all that Simon wanted him to do apparently.

Probably see Leona on This Morning or similar on Monday morning. .Damn I will be at work. :(

I watched the repeat on ITV2 tonight, and she did it again, Leona gave me goosebumps while she was singing, can't say that I got that from Ray's voice.
I think she deserved to win, she has the 'x factor', he would suit somewhere like Las Vegas doing a show, or in a musical, he's an entertainer and has a fab voice but he doesn't have 'it'.

Hands up who's downloaded it ?

Hands up who's downloaded it ?

Havent as such but I must say I would buy it.

Its a clever song that sticks in your head. I was singing it after only hearing it sung twice by Ray and leona..

Very good..I just had goose bumps again.. she definately IS world Class.:green:

Not me. My Hubby totally freaked that I voted in the final!!!

Not me! She needs her own original material, and that's the danger with Simon "rehashed-singles" Cowell completely managing her and destroying her career and she's not a strong enough character to stand up to him!

Latest posts

Back