they all fell off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supertalons

Reaction score
Hi,

I was booked to do 4 sets of uv gel enhancements on friday evening and was very happy when I got a call from one girls sister to book me in for her's on saturday as she liked her sister so much!

So I was very shocked to get a call yesterday from one girl who said they just all fell off on sunday and her friend has lost all the gel and only the white tips remain!

Please help me with a reason to why this may have happened I am confused because the other girl’s nails are fine with no problems at all and they were all prepped and gel applied in the same way.

I applied a foundation layer, then 2 generous layers of uv gel with white tips and I capped the edges, I prepped all nails in the same way and have another client who has gel regularly and has never had this problem so I don't know if this is genuine as there are 2 girls complaining or have they been picking and just want a new set for free? I want to keep good relations as the potential for more business there is very high but I don't want to be taken for a ride either!

I am back there this afternoon at 4.30 to sort them out so any advice before then would be much appreciated, Thanx

French tips and gel do not make good bed fellows!! The uv lamp is reflected back by the white tips and so is not fully absorbed by the gel. They are frankly a pain in the bum!

Several things to help. Make sure you really scrub in your bonder layer into the tip and double cure, apply your builder gel and double cure. By double cure I mean put it under the light for double the recommended time. Cap your free edge at EVERY level of application. Even after this there is no guarantee that you won't have problems. The only real way is to use natural tips and apply white gel.

They won't have just pinged off, but the gel will lift almost immediately from the tip - you know if you have done the best you can if it's not actauly lifting from the nail plate, just from the tip.

Thanx Sas,

Alot of my clients love white tips and I wasn't aware that they could cause a problem with gel as it has never happenend even when I have used them on myself! oh well just goes to show that you DO learn something new everyday!

I shall give them the benefit of the doubt and do as you suggested if they still require the white tips.

Thanx again, i'll let you know how I get on!

hi,

I too had this problem and in the end i sent off the gel to the manufacturer for analysis and it was caused by a faulty batch that would not cure properly,

hollie
-x-

I have done them! I did as suggested by sassi as they both still required the french tip so I just have to wait and see if I get anymore phone calls!

To be fair both girls were really nice and said they felt bad calling me out again so I did them for free and explained that it might be the tip probelem and told them I would rather know than have them never call me again and think i did a bad job!

So if I have anymore probs I will bear in mind that it might also be the gel.

Thanx guys

Latest posts

Back