They didn't break with my other tech !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya all xx

I have got used to the "oh they just fell off" rubbish and it goes over my head now...i now end up getting it out of the clients what really happened...decorating, gardening etc... but what i still get stuck with is when they throw the "but i used to bang them all the time with my old tech and they didn't break like this" at me....stumps me every time.

What do i say then...?

They have admitted to doing this and that to there nails...so i know its not me...but claim to have done all this with the nails they had done elsewhere and they didn't break..."maybe your stuff isn't as strong" is what i get from a few of my clients. Now this really gets me cos if thats what they think why are they still coming back !!!

Some are ex nss mma clients so i have explained all the mma being like rocks and that isn't good...but some are not...so any thoughts..advice or comments would be great. Thanks xxx

Liquid and Powder enhancements are stronger than Gel as a whole.

However it doesn't matter at the end of the day what you use on them, this is a common thing for nearly every technician to hear (unless you are literally applying bricks!)

And beleive me it's not true, they did have breakages!! I know so many technicians that have been told this same story and get dis heartened. But when I talk to clients of the technician who apparently does these "bullet proof" nails, they all still say that they get chipping and breaking...
It seems they have selective memory when changing technician...

So babe. It ain't you! It's almost always clients forgetting how enhancments wear..!!

If they never broke when the other tech did them........... why did they leave and start coming to you then. These people think we are thick.

Hi babe, I think you have explained all to well to them.............
they are ment to break if they are put under extreme stress............
Easy, no force no braking......
One day babe, eh' one day they will listen xxxx

Hi there
In reality I think the OLD it fell off story has been done a zillion times
TOOO MANY.
Apart from yellowing what else does an Enhancement do???????????????????? [if applied correctly.]
Its the reason for them comming away from the nail that any tech worth their salt will TROUBLE SHOOT.

1. IS it me......

2 Is it the client.......

My money's on the IT JUST POPPED OFF LADY..........

hTh
XX J XX

Apart from yellowing what else does an Enhancement do????????????????????

Mine don't yellow?

If they thought your nails were crappy and easily broken Angie they wouldn't keep rebooking with you mate... feel safe in the knowledge that they're trying to pull a fast one in the hope that you'll give them money off... DON'T DO IT

Geez, I wish I'd listen to my own advice sometimes lol, I'm a soft touch and need to harden up with my clients. I am getting better as far as 'not taking the rubbish' is concerned and I think it's only because I read about all of the other techs on here having similar problems with their clients.

Angie,

Don't take the blame. They are returning clients and that in itself says it all!

Emphasise to them that "their nails are jewels not tools".

You know what Angie, I bet these particular clients are REALLY heavy-handed in some way. I say this because I tap on here half the day and during the summer Im constantly in my garden pulling weeds from between concrete with my bare fingers, and planting ...and all without gloves ... and yet its very rare for me to get a break!
I do wear gloves for cleaning beacuse of chemical contact but besides that... Im really hands on!
Thing is Ive always had long natural nails so I guess I just instinctively know how to use my hands, perhaps it isnt the same for other people (just guessing here).
Are they wearing their nails too long for their lifestyles? ... short beds, long tips, heavy-handed, would be a big no-no wouldnt it.
Dont let their comments get you down Angie... as already said.. theyre still coming back, and youre a great tech! :hug:

If there previous Technician was so fantastic why did they leave her!!!! Yes their nails may have lasted longer but I bet they were thick shovel like :biggrin: :biggrin:

I do have a couple of heavy handed ladies that seem to always suffer the odd breakage and they promise they they didn't do anything. I have since changed them to L & P and they haven't had any problems.

For the time being I would check the length of their nails and let the comments go right over your head. :hug:

Hiya and thanks for all your replies....some of the clients who say this are coming to me now cos there old tech stopped doing nails and others because i am closer....

The nail length's are ok and like i said i can handle all the they just popped off comments...cos i know they dont !!!! its just when i tell them to be careful and treat as jewels etc they come back with "well i used to bang them before and they didn't break" it really gets me...

thanks again xxx

Angie - Do you know what I'd really do?

Whilst doing their nails, I would tell them how so very busy I was and that the demand for my services has just escalated to such an extent that it may mean that, going forward, I may have to refuse some clients and finish off by saying (obviously not directed to the client in front of you - ha! ha!) that it really is a lovely situation to be in to be able to be picky about which clients you accept and those you don't.

I am sure they'll start appreciating you pronto!

Angie don't despair. I've had that one before and I just ignore it. If they were that unhappy with you then they would look elsewhere. Maybe where they had them done before they were thick bricks that were harder to break, not a nice sleek enhancement like you produce. try and get to the root of what they are doing to break them, then you can advise them how to use their hands properly.

Keep your chin up. MWAH XXX

NailNovice2 said:
Angie - Do you know what I'd really do?

Whilst doing their nails, I would tell them how so very busy I was and that the demand for my services has just escalated to such an extent that it may mean that, going forward, I may have to refuse some clients and finish off by saying (obviously not directed to the client in front of you - ha! ha!) that it really is a lovely situation to be in to be able to be picky about which clients you accept and those you don't.

I am sure they'll start appreciating you pronto!

lol, ooh sneaky :wink2:

Don't worry about it Angie, we all get them. The problem could be that their old tech was applying too thickly so they were like bricks or something like that. If they were really unhappy they wouldn't come back. They are obviously pleased with your work despite what they say. Some people are just born to complain! You can't please everyone, if they aren't happy they don't need to come back but the fact that they do must mean something. I have a couple of clients who never compliment my work, occassionally have a little moan if they get lifting for whatever reason but have come back every 2 weeks for over 2 years. One even gave me a bottle of wine for one christmas & a pretty candle last christmas! My point is, clients sometimes seem unimpressed with you & may even complain, but really appreciate you & would probably be lost without you! Just keep going & the problem clients will weed themselves out eventually.

Latest posts

Back