They won't come off will they????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaza

Reaction score
Does anybody else get tired of being asked this question, i have had quite a few people ask this when they phone to book nail enhancements. It really annoys me, nails are not indestructable, it depends on the clients aftercare (if they listen to it), how hands on they are.
In an ideal world no they wouldnt im sure lots of people would love to have a lady come back for infills and have every nail intact.
Is it just me or does this annoy anyone else.
zoe

Your not the only one,some days I feel like saying yes,I'm going to do a really crappy job and charge you a fortune.My other fav is the clients who come back after 8weeks!!! then say "I don't know why they came off "I do because you didn't listen!! Ok thats my gripe for the day.see ya
Sam

You think that's daft ... I had a client who genuinely thought that the enhancement would 'stay in place' while her natural nail grew forward underneath it. She'd had her nails done elsewhere and was complaining about her new nail growth in the cuticle area, some people eh! :lol:

I had a client whos enhancements had not moved down her nails when she came back for her fills after two weeks, there was no point doing anywork on them as they had not lifted at all.......

It turns out that she was on the blood thining drug wolfrin (thinks that the spellin) any body else heard of this?

I never saw her again so for all I know they could be on still.............:lol:

I find this funny, but I had a client years ago who came back a week or so after I put a set of nails on her. She said that while she was having a bath all 10 nails just floated to the top of the bath water.....:eek:
I didn't know that nails 'floated'?

I think she thought I was stupid and wouldn't notice the well knawed at and red nail beds.

Oo,I had one of those,lovely woman who liked to nap while I did her nails.She couldn't understand why her nails didn't last more than a week swore she wasn't doing anything to them unfortunately the teeth marks gave her away!

Sam

You're not alone Zoe.

I've had a few clients that have nibbled away at their enhancements, or have left it several weeks before having their nails infilled and are then surprised if they haven't lasted very well.

Ooo, it does make me mad :irked:

my cousin is going on holiday in the summer and her mum asked if i woul do her nails for her (after asking if they would last!!!). I told her, yes I would do them and yes they would last. So I did a pinkie nail on her to let her see. The next week her mum came up and we got on to talking about nails and I asked how she was getting on and she turned to me and said 'chesca told me it just popped off' she even had the cheek to say that chesca said 'i thought they weren't just supposed to pop off' (said in cheeky, teenage way). I explained that they don't, etc. I then got a text message later that night, and it said 'chesca told me it didn't come off, she picked and bit it off'. Well, 'doh!!!' I know that!

sorry, if that's hard to follow!

The other one that gets my goat is when you explain about rebalances they say "do your nails grow underneath then" duh-uh, well yes!

Latest posts

Back