Thin Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffy

Reaction score
I have just emailed my model that I'm hoping to use for my foundation course with creative checking that she's still OK for the dates etc. She replied saying that she took her existing nails off last week and made a real mess of them (surprise surprise). This left the nail beds very thin and sore. She has had gel put over the top of them to try and strengthen them (her words) but is worried about me buffing them.

To the experts out there do you foresee this being a problem for me? My course starts in just under 2 weeks.

Give her a manicure and use loads of solar oil, having anything on top of them may make them feel a bit tight, especially if they are sore, i did the same thing last week, so ahve just left them alone and used solar oil continually and they were ok by the weekend, obviously have to be a bit careful with filing though
HTH

hiya, my nails were in a right mess when i went for my fdfc and i was sure i wouldnt be able to have anything done to them, but it was fine. the tip will be applied to the very edge of the nail with very little filing. As soon as i had the Brisa put on they felt 10 times better, then the nasty nail just grew out. reassure her that her nails will be fine, also i think a thin layer of gel can be applied b4 the tip to protect whilst blending the tip. dont worry you'll both be fine and have a great time. xxx

angie

I'm actually doing the Liquid & Powder course, will this make a difference? She has gel on her nails at the moment.

Is it possible to get a new model? When I did my Creative course, it was amazing how many of us had trouble with models letting us down at the last minute. It can be quite nerve wracking without that extra worry. Good luck.

I could ask my neighbour but the problem I have with her is that she has really small nails, not tiny, just very short - does that make any sense? I know she's had problems with nail enhancements before so I'm thinking that she may not be the ideal person to practice on either.

Hey there Fluffy darlin
It is major nerve rackin but my advise would be to get stuck in with either of your models cos you'll b in the best place with your educator to sound out all those helpful tips and hints from him/her .
Unfortunately it seems a rare & pleasant surprise to get a client with "nice " nails but I suppose we're here to help those who havent got nice nails to get them !!!! Thats our job spose !
Get the experience hands on - its invaluabe for when you get out there and sock it to em !!
Dont b scared just give it a go and you'll do fine I'm sure
Good luck babes ! Let us know how it goes - we've all been there!
LOL Jayneym xxxx
Fluffy said:
I could ask my neighbour but the problem I have with her is that she has really small nails, not tiny, just very short - does that make any sense? I know she's had problems with nail enhancements before so I'm thinking that she may not be the ideal person to practice on either.

Thanks for all your positive posts.

Latest posts

Back