Things are so slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanp

Reaction score
:sad: I'm a fairly newbie geek, only 6 months old. But i'm finding things so slow, have tried window cards, leaflet drops, putting flyers in local hairdressers etc, was everybody like this to start with or is it just me. Am getting 1-2 clients a week but alot of these are just one offs who want nails for weddings, nights out, a couple of clients are regulars but i really want to build up my client base and be busy every week.
Any advice would be gratefully recieved, I seem to be spending out all the time and getting very little return, and disheartened although i'm determined to give it my all as i love nails.

Don't be disheartened sweetie!

These things take time!!! Try and do some offers and stuff to get people inticed, maybe do some discount vouchers to give to you hairdresser and stuff!!

All good things come to those who wait!!!!!

OHHH another good way is to make sure ytour nails look super duper when you go out, and have some business cards on you, that way if any on comments on your nails then you can give them your business card.

deals are always good. Introduce a mate and get an infill for free, things like that.

There have been a couple of posts on here about martines and manis. These seem to be a good way to drum up business.

Good luck and dont lose heart. all good things come to thoes who wait.

xxx

I am exactly the same as you, i have been doing nails since april but have just started in a salon renting out about a month ago. Since then i havent been very busy, and half of them just want for an occasion too. I only had two people in last week! Anyway its summer over and people will probably saving their pennies for christmas. Try all the above ideas and send out leaflets to all the people you have done before. I would love to be busy too but i realise it will take time. good luck.x

Hi!

I am exactly the same.........I have only had one client a few months ago and that was to sort out two of her nails that she had broken, she was having a party the next day and wanted the two to look nice.her other nails didn't look very good at all there needed infills badly and she said that she had them dune from a salon who uses drills.:Scared: I hope to get more clients once i have moved,shouldn't be to long now! :Grope: Anyway! i hope you get more clients soon.
good luck! :hug:

The thing I have always found with being a mobile tech, Is that you need to offer not just enhancements. I do loads of manicures and luxury manicures, waxing is also a good add on service. Look at ways of getting clients to stay with you for longer than one set.
Hths

I went to my local wholesalers and bumped into a hair dresser who was about to buy an acrylic kit. I went up to her and said "if you dont have any luck with the kit , give me a call" and i handed her a card. two hours later she called me, and i got a few referrals off her then some off her friends who had come to me aswell.
post a card in the wholesalers too as Hairdressers need nice nails too:D

you might think I'm a loony but , I say Positive Affirmations too. I think they work.

Affirmations for Abundance
I am a success in all that I do.
Everything I touch returns riches to me.
I am always productive.
My work is always recognized positively.
I respect my abilities and always work to my full potential.
I am constantly adding to my income.
I always spend money wisely.
A always have enough money for all that I need.
I am rewarded for all the work I do.

try some of these, you have to say them to yourself a lot.

Love Cobweb x x x

Aw, Hi Shan, it's Tracey here. It is slow to start off with. You and I trained just after one another and I have about 4 or five regular clients and then the odd wedding, etc. and I wish i was more busy. Summer is really just about over, so on your brochure, start advertising for Christmas and offer specials or discounts such as 20% discount leading up to Christmas or offer a freebie gift for all first timers (nail file, cuticle pen and mini hand cream) and then perhaps 10% off second treatment to entice them back. Another thing you could do is approach any local schools and see if they do Inulgence evenings and offer your services. To begin with you will probably have to do with small profit margins but I think one has to spend quite a bit in order to reap the rewards later. hope this helps.

Look at your pricing. One offs tend to go to cheaper techs as it's just for a special occasion, and after the expense of hair, shoes and outfit, sadly nails tends to be an after thought and they look for a cheap alternative.

People who are really serious about having their nails done will pay the right price for a good quality service, and what's more if they get it they stay loyal. Let the NSS lot service the cheaper end of the market, and you stick to the higher end of the market with a more professional outlook to offer them. It does work!

Latest posts

Back