Things that annoy you in the hairdressing industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantelle<3

Reaction score
The things that annoy me are :
When stylists curls hair in all the same direction
The word dye makes me cringe
When your combing, straightening a clients hair and there head is going with you
" can I have two layers" lol how can you do two layers

What about everyone else? Xx

Lol this made me laugh !

1. When clients think they no more about hairdressing than u

Lazy assistants

Lazy assistants also. We've got one at the moment who's always on her phone and always smoking. You never see her in the salon!

Client comes in for half head highlights. .. she asks do you have any one in after me? No I reply.. would you mind applying my under colour. . I brought it with me!! Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients that ask "is she any good" when booking an appointment
Clients who think moving their heads about in the basin is helpfull
Clients who lean back so far in the backwash they can make eye contact. It weirds me out.
Clients who come in 20 mins late and ask if you have time to put their hair up after their cut and finish and then look appalled when you charge extra
Clients who lie about trimming their own fringe. Its been 6 months and its shorter and ab inche deeper then when you last cut it
Clients who say "I dont need a skin test ive been colouring my hair for years"
Clients who think it is their place to comment on your appearance ie. Oh have you gained a few pounds or why have you cut your hair, I dont like it"
Clients who say "do what you like" but I want it to look totally different but no layers, keep my length and definitely no fringe..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The term "guests" when refering to clients
The whole trendy wendy snobbery some stylists have..
I am beginning to think i am in the wrong trade lol

Clients who lean back so far in the backwash they can make eye contact. It weirds me out.
Clients who come in 20 mins late and ask if you have time to put their hair up after their cut and finish and then look appalled when you charge extra
Clients who lie about trimming their own fringe. Its been 6 months and its shorter and ab inche deeper then when you last cut it
Clients who think it is their place to comment on your appearance ie. Oh have you gained a few pounds or why have you cut your hair, I dont like it"
Clients who say "do what you like" but I want it to look totally different but no layers, keep my length and definitely no fringe..

All so very true! This made me laugh!
Clients who can't keep still!! Or move their heads thinking they are being helpful. Extremely unhelpful.

Clients that fiddle with their hair whilst your still cutting it and asking 'oh are you not going to cut that bit then?' ....well my love, I would if you moved your blooming hand out my way!!

When people move their head up at te basin and water shoots down their neck!

Or when someone is a very enthusiasts talker to the point their head moves all over the place, nightmare when doing highlights or cutting freehand!! Xxx

Clients who don't supervise their young children and think it's fine to let them run amok in the salon using you as a babysitter and having to tell them, don't pull that, get off the window ledge please, put that down....
The ones who insist on routing around in their bag while trying to do foils

I can't stand it when your trying to get foils in and your client won't keep her head still!! Cutting badly behaved kids hair isn't much fun either &#128544;

Yes clients that think they know more about hair dressing than you do!!!!
Clients that can't keep still
Clients that ask for 1 layer?????
Clients that ask to go from black to blonde but don't want it to have any gold tones, then turn their nose up when you give them the price and how long a colour change takes!!!!!!!

Being mobile my worst is, they have booked in for 1/2 head highlights then half way through say "oh can you just put some extra packets bit lower too and give it a quick little trim after?"

"Yes that's fine, so that will be an extra £15 then on top of the £35 what your paying for the 1/2 head highlights &#128522;"

"Oh really, I only have £35 on me for 1/2 head"??

Clients that think your service is bloody FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Brilliant, my personal favourite is when clients turn around whilst I'm cutting their hair to talk to me! That's what the mirror is for!!
But every thing that has been mentioned is so true, people are so funny! I love my job :) :)

Ha, everything you mentioned here is so true! Put the one that gets me the most is when they comment on your appearance without being asked! 'Your face DOES look abit fuller' yes, coz I had a baby 6mths ago!! 'Your looking really tired today' thanks, but I was actually feeling great today until you said that!!! Gotta love the public! xx

Just had a regular client ask how much am I doing extensions or at the minute (as if I'm doing them at discount) I say the normal amount for a regular £235 and she replies "any chance of doing them for £150 cos I'm mega skint but really want them done again " so clients that think thy can haggle prices annoy me lol x

Annoys me also when they said I've got to be out of here for *:** why book an appointment if your busy. When a clients hair is white but they don't have bleach when there hair is see through. Client comes in with long hair I want a change don't want owt off my length don't want layers don't want a fringe then what do u bloody want lol xxx

Haha! When closing and a client comes in saying 'oh could you do a cut and blowdry?' 'Sorry I'm afraid we're closed' 'oh it's only a little trim'
Clients who come in with black hair and want to be blonde but don't want bleach!!
Clients who are very paticular about they're coffee/tea 'I only want just under an 8th of a sugar and 3 drops of milk.. And the tea bag needs to brew for 7 minutes'
Clients who long out consultations for 20mins!
Clients who tell you EXACTLY how to cut their hair; ' why do you pull the hair that way? My old hairdresser does it this way'
After doing a fringe trim and then the clients pushes it down into their eyes and says 'a little bit more'
Clients who are 'former hairdressers'! They're the worst!
Clients who quite clearly have no idea on what they want; ' I want to be blonde but then I want to be red.. Maybe a copper fringe?'
Stylists who say 'dye'!
Clients who come In 20mins late and then say they need to be out at an exact time!
After taking the first 'snip' of a restyle and they say 'my car park ticket runs out in 10mins. Will we be finished by then?'

Sylists who say 'let me just wack on your colour'
Stylists who hold ghds on the hair when curling
Stylists who talk extensively about their private lives
I could go on an on!

Haha! When closing and a client comes in saying 'oh could you do a cut and blowdry?' 'Sorry I'm afraid we're closed' 'oh it's only a little trim'
Clients who come in with black hair and want to be blonde but don't want bleach!!
Clients who are very paticular about they're coffee/tea 'I only want just under an 8th of a sugar and 3 drops of milk.. And the tea bag needs to brew for 7 minutes'
Clients who long out consultations for 20mins!
Clients who tell you EXACTLY how to cut their hair; ' why do you pull the hair that way? My old hairdresser does it this way'
After doing a fringe trim and then the clients pushes it down into their eyes and says 'a little bit more'
Clients who are 'former hairdressers'! They're the worst!
Clients who quite clearly have no idea on what they want; ' I want to be blonde but then I want to be red.. Maybe a copper fringe?'
Stylists who say 'dye'!
Clients who come In 20mins late and then say they need to be out at an exact time!
After taking the first 'snip' of a restyle and they say 'my car park ticket runs out in 10mins. Will we be finished by then?'

Sylists who say 'let me just wack on your colour'
Stylists who hold ghds on the hair when curling
Stylists who talk extensively about their private lives
I could go on an on!

Jeez you must be annoyed all day every day lol

Just had a regular client ask how much am I doing extensions or at the minute (as if I'm doing them at discount) I say the normal amount for a regular £235 and she replies "any chance of doing them for £150 cos I'm mega skint but really want them done again " so clients that think thy can haggle prices annoy me lol x

Wait for it..
I was indirectly asked if I would do a NEW clients cut in return she would babysit

WTF

Would she work and get paid in babysitting, would she leave her children with anyone? Some people are on a different planet

Wait for it..
I was indirectly asked if I would do a NEW clients cut in return she would babysit

WTF

Would she work and get paid in babysitting, would she leave her children with anyone? Some people are on a different planet

Haha what is wrong with some people!!!

Latest posts

Back