Think before you post

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
emmad said:
I posted a while ago on a subject I found nothing on in the search facility. One response was very short and said I should basically "go search". I tried again and stilll couldnt find the help I needed.

If its a case of someone really needing to do a search I think a subtle nudge in that direction is best and not a telling off or an abrupt reply.

I think so long as you've tried a search first, but still can't find the answer, then nobody would have a problem with opening a new thread with a slightly different slant - especially if you preface it with "I've searched for this but can't find the what I'm looking for, any ideas?"

Yes well said I was trying to find words to say the same thing but thanks you have said it for me :biggrin: .

I take things in a little slow at times LOL! so it is quite good for me to read subjects more than once.

Caz xxx

Sassy Hassy said:
I agree that it can get annoying sometimes when the smae old topics come up again and again, and I admit that I have said to myself on a number of occasions "not that ol' chestnut AGAIN"! But there are new people coming to the site all the time, like Kimmi says, they can give new and fresh input to a previously discussed topic.

Sometimes people don't feel comfortable to post in the original discussion, particularly if you disagree with the general flow - it can be a lonely old place out there on your own little limb! But the topic eats at them, they know they have a point to make, they know they think differently, and then bingo, before you can say Geekmolian, their fingers have typed a new thread raising the debate again because they want to be heard now!

While it may be frustrating that we find the old topics coming up again and again, if you feel that you have said all you can say on a subject then let someone else do the talking!!! I learn all the time off this site, even topics that have been raised before. Let's face it nearly every topic you can imagine has been discussed on here, so The Nail Geek would become a search facility and not a forum ... and I'd miss a good old chinwag, debate, a laugh and a tear with me good ol' Geeky mates.

Like Angie says, a little tolerance is needed.:)

I'm with you guys too, it would be a shame if we became too scared to post..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back