Thirsty Brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffy26

Reaction score
Hi Geeks! Have been meaning to post this on here for a while, I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem.............
I have my Creative Pro Styler brush which is the type I have always had and used but after a period of time (Bearing in mind I clean it well and sculpt in back into position after each and every client!) They tend to get a bit "Thirsty" Drinking too much liquid and not quite doing it's job properly! There is no contamination (Yellowness) when I clean the brush, I only ever use monomer and train it back into shape with lint free gauze, storing it correctly and tucking it into bed, in it's brush box with a comfy pillow of absorbing gauze!!!
When my brush gets like this I am always inclined to but a new one. Is it because I need one or am I doing something wrong? I probably have my brushes for no longer than a year. But surely if you care for them correctly should'nt they last a lot longer, how long should you have a brush before you change it?! HELP ME MY BRUSHES LOVE GETTING DRUNK!!!!:)

wow - sorry hun I dont know the solution but I have this brush also so look forward to reading the replies.

Hi Geeks! Have been meaning to post this on here for a while, I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem.............
I have my Creative Pro Styler brush which is the type I have always had and used but after a period of time (Bearing in mind I clean it well and sculpt in back into position after each and every client!) They tend to get a bit "Thirsty" Drinking too much liquid and not quite doing it's job properly! There is no contamination (Yellowness) when I clean the brush, I only ever use monomer and train it back into shape with lint free gauze, storing it correctly and tucking it into bed, in it's brush box with a comfy pillow of absorbing gauze!!!
When my brush gets like this I am always inclined to but a new one. Is it because I need one or am I doing something wrong? I probably have my brushes for no longer than a year. But surely if you care for them correctly should'nt they last a lot longer, how long should you have a brush before you change it?! HELP ME MY BRUSHES LOVE GETTING DRUNK!!!!:)

A year seems a long time to have a brush. I think you'll find people change them a lot more frequently. Depends how much use they get I suppose.:)

I know on my foundation course our tutor said that the pro styler will last for 3 months if used full time ie. 5 days a week. Obviously the less you use it the longer it will last.

I am suprised by this! A top quality brush should last a lot longer if cared for properly, saying that after doing my foundation course & just starting out my brushe probably didn't last much longer than 3-4 months. I usually get 10 - 12 months out of one now & do approx 35 people a week.

Latest posts

Back