this is all geek to me!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherry

Reaction score
hi fellow geeks,
i joint the site a few weeks ago and have been looking at everything since then, but i'm still puzzled as to how it all works, i am a newly trained nail technician and wondered if anyone can take pity on me and give me some starter tips as to how this all works, feel like an outsider!!!
help:rolleyes:

cherry x x

Hi Cherry, welcome to the site. Which bits don't you get?

its more the set up of my profile pictures?? is there somewhere in the site that explains it all, how often do you log on? do you find it helpful?
cherry x x

Cherry you will find that most of us geeks are here all day everyday ! lol We love it here. It is extreamly helpful, alway someone giving out some handy tip or another. You'll soon be an addict. Try site assistance, there should be some help up there. xxx

Look under the FAQs hun, all sorts of info there. Have to say I picked most things up by trial and error, you're no alone by thinking you don't know how it all works. Took me ages to find out how to upload a photo, and then I get raided by Roland Rat! (thanks geeg!)

Anything you are stuck on, type it in the search option at the top of the page. Loads of threads will come up and give you loads of info. Once you are started on here you wont leave trust me.x

how do i put a picture next to my name so when i'm on line people will see my picture???:o the smiley faces are easy its for my profile i don't understand??

Click on quick links
scroll down to edit profile and click on it
in the left hand box click on edit avatar
scroll down to custom avatar and click the circle, and then insert the link to your picture file (make sure the file is not too big or it won;t upload)

... or is this something you have to be a premium geek to be able to do this?

thanks for the advice got it working so my cherry picture is there for all to see, just been looking at some profiles, i'm using star products as this is what i was adviced to use,:eek: what nail range is the best out there as i'm not happy with the star products???:mad::rolleyes:

Blimey Cherry you know how to open a can of worms! Best thing is to start a new thread as your question is not related to this one, and so people may not read this. But be warned you will get everyone raving about what they personally use (but a little tip, you can't go wrong by Creative!)

Hi cherry

welcome to the site, where in Essex are you?
x

Hiya Cherry!

Welcome to this fab site babes, you'll soon be up to speed and totally addicted.

x

i'm in braintree its not far from chelmsford??
cherry x x

hi cherry
welcome to the site, im sure you will love it! everyones helpful so if you get stuck...! its taken me ages to figure everything out on here the pics and uploading (i am still to put a nail pic on here) i am off work sick at the mo so this weeks mission is to work this site out lol i have only been on here 18 months and today i learned how to get my pic on hurrrrahhh!
im a bit slow on computers though so chances are it wont take you half as long to master this as it has done me !
good luck

Hi Cherry ~ nice to read you!

Hey Kate
Love your new avatar you look like a dark haired Jenni Falconer from GMTV
KxXx

Latest posts

Back