Time Limits at Competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateyork1

CND Grand Master Geek!!!
Reaction score
Hi there Geeks

I am fairly new to this business and am thinking about entering competions in the future, does anyone have any advice they could pass on? - also how long do you get to do a set?

Thanks

Hi there Kate,
The usual time is 2 1/2 hours.................and if you do a search on Competitions you will find lots of info there....

Competing raises your skill level, raises your nail look awareness, raises your self critic, you become more aware of the work you are actually doing............
All the novice Competition geeks I spoke to this weekend, have all started to look at their nails in a different light......they are more aware of the way they are working and lines of light, apex lower arch and upper arch are now a very familiar term to them....and they have had their nail checked out by some of the best in the industry..... Fab feedback or what ........To me Competing is part of never ending education........

Tips:
Yea lots, get a good nail model, then practice till the cows come home or the products runs out, then get some more and practice again........
Look at winning nails, you get a feel for the look, if you can take a competition class or workshop, this will tweak skills and will help you to maximize your table time ...........
Be prepared to go through the "I can't blooming do this" phase........ and the "Oh heck why did I say I was gonna do it" spell....but also be prepared to have the best time ever there is to be had doing nails..............

I had to sit this last competition out, due to a small health problem that meant I couldn't wear my glasses, and I can see Nada without them lol.........but I will be back in there for Nailympics...........But like I said, do a search on this site for Competition nails and you will get lots more info..........
HTH

Thank you very much for taking the time to write all that - it's very helpful. Not sure if I'm quite ready yet but I really fancy having a go - mainly for the critique side. Don't think I'll manage to be ready for the Nailympics but I'll see when the one after that is and maybe just go for it!!

I will probably go to Nailympics to get an idea of what it would be like - was hoping to go to Excel but also due to health problems I was unable to go. I expect I will see you at the end of the month then! - and good luck with it! - and hope you're better soon.

Thanks again.

Cheers Hun,
Yep 3 days at the geek stand sorted me right out.................
Good idea, check out the Nailympics xxxxx

Yes, I can imagine!! I'll do that. xx

Latest posts

Back