Time...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know there have been numerous threads about this recenetly but i just wanted to ask...

Has anyone ever had a client who has said wow i didnt think it would take this long, or commented about the time?

If so how have you responded?

Yes, I have had people say that,but my response is that I could do it quicker for them but would have to provide a sub-standard service and they would have problems with their enhancements....I've never had anyone say, well can you give me the sub-standard version then!

I know I can provide a fab service in the time allocated...i always book 1 1/2 for full set or rebalance....so if the service takes a bit less time than that I get a wee break.

Cathie! said:
Yes, I have had people say that,but my response is that I could do it quicker for them but would have to provide a sub-standard service and they would have problems with their enhancements....I've never had anyone say, well can you give me the sub-standard version then!

I know I can provide a fab service in the time allocated...i always book 1 1/2 for full set or rebalance....so if the service takes a bit less time than that I get a wee break.

couldnt put it better myself - i too, always take 1 1/2 - if its abit less, all well and good

louise said:
Hi all,

I know there have been numerous threads about this recenetly but i just wanted to ask...

Has anyone ever had a client who has said wow i didnt think it would take this long, or commented about the time?

If so how have you responded?

when i get asked this, i tell them that enhancing nails isnt a 10 min job, you have to take into consideration the time it takes to prep, etc, and that if they want a good job then - yes it takes at least 1 1/2 hours, butif they want nails that will only last x hours fine, they soon come to my way of thinking, and they always happy with the result - you keep as you are pet, and you take as long as you need, you doing a good job

I am afraid my times vary depending on how much I talk. It is my weakness - I am a chatterbox. I am still having to allow 2hrs for appointments as I don't want to get into a right mess. However, I know that it is not commercially acceptable and expect to reduce my time to 1.5hrs for full sets to 1hr for rebalance after New Year. Just now, I am really playing it safe cause working against the clock is new to me.

Having said that, not one of my clients have complained. They have all been delighted with the end result and have all booked up several appointments in advance. So hopefully in the New Year, I will be able to have a full house with more clients and more dosh.:Love:

I am mobile and take 2 hours (including unpacking / repacking my kit and consultation) I tell the clients this when they book and they are happy.

I have only had one who commented about the time, i did her's in 1 hr 30 mins and she says 'my normal tech only takes an hour but I guess she is just more proffessional!' :evil:

All that matters are the end results and they will realise that.

xx

haha, I just took just under 3 hours to do best mates nails, whoops, think I talk too much too. Husband was not happy as said I would only take 2 hours.

i was down to a hr and 1/2 for pink and whites but itd crept up again! i too talk a lot which doesnt help! i wanna get infills down to about 3/4 hr to an hr to make it worth my while as every1 else only charges £15 for infill so i need to compete and make it worth my while! i currently charge 15 with a sneaky 3 for each broken nail, so i usually get 18.

this just happened an hour or so ago....

my best bud came to the house to get a full set... was supposed to be here at 6:30, she didn't get her until a quarter of 8... i didn't get done until 11, not for lack of trying though! she had to have 2 potty breaks and 2 breaks for a fag! her hubby and mom called her cell, asking when she would be leaving - her response, "well, you know how nikki is"

WHOLY BEJEEZUS! gimme a break... but whatever, i'll deal with it... she's a good tipper :lol:

Latest posts

Back