Tinting own eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_E_H

Reaction score
Hi all, wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction...I've been getting my brows HD'd now for a little while which I love but finding the maintenance so expensive £25 each time and my tint doesn't last long at all so I then have to effectively fill them in with a brow palette. So was curious about tinting them myself at home but don't want to ruin them as will still get them done in salon but means I won't have to pay out for the full HD as often.

Any advice is appreciated!!

You can get just a tint in a salon in between your HD treatments. This will be cheaper.
Your tint should be lasting you though. What aftercare do you follow? To ensure tint lasts it's important to avoid oil on the brows and don't scrub or exfoliate. Swimming and sun can fade, lighten the tint too.

It's strange how many therapists ask for pointers on diying treatments they're not qualified in and miss the irony.

Thanks Krum - I will look to see how much my salon charge for just a tint. I leave my brows alone apart from some make up but my tint just never lasts very long!

Oh and I would much rather go to the salon each time, it's just another expense which at the moment I can ill afford!

If your tint is not lasting long, it may be because your natural brow hair is quite fine in texture and not holding the tint very long maybe?
You should mention this to your stylist, I don't know your natural colouring, but you could think about going for a darker shade tint next time for longevity maybe?
Something else to consider...There is a HD brow makeup product called colourfix - it's like a coloured brow mascara, so gives colour and hold.
It can help to give a freshly-tinted appearance between appointments, and comes in 3 different shades...
Ask your HD brow stylist next time you see them.
Hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back