Tip application ! . . . .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow girl

Reaction score
Hi every one :)
Im doing my VTCT course at the moment, currently working on applying tips. But, it doesnt seem to matter what angle i hold the tip before i apply, i always get bubbles :rolleyes: Im carefull not to put the glue beyond the well area, and i always apply with pressure to hold for 10 secs.
Any tips would be great as exam is now coming up
Many Thanks Claire :wink2:

Hi,
The easiest way to apply a tip is to get the bottom edge of the tip level with the smile line then rock it down onto the nail.
Hths

Thanks very much. I will give it a try :green:

Where is your tutor when you`re applying tips?
If you have a problem then ask her to help you with it, thats what she`s there for. I have to say when I did my VTCT I partnered a lovely girl that struggled with all of it and I monopolised out tutor quite a lot to help her and she`s doing fab now.
There is no shame in asking for help, you are the learner and you have a tutor which is paid to help you learn and nothing is easy until you know how!
Once you do know exactly how then you can practice. Don`t stress over it, its just a technique that needs showing properly and then practicing.
You may even be doing it properly but you have uneven nail plates, maybe you could try a gel adhesive to even the area and alleviate bubbles but you won`t know unless you ask that tutor.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on

I found a good way of practicing tip application was to get 2 tips, apply cuticle oil to the well of one tip in the way you would apply adhesive then apply this tip to the other tip as you would in normal application.
This enables you too see air bubbles and where the oil goes when you apply the tip (just like the adhesive would, and you can keep on trying without any adhesive drying!

HTH
clare

Latest posts

Back