Tipping or Sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Dalton

Reaction score
Hi There

Iam new to nails and to this site and i think its fabby dooby i have learnt so much reading your posts and tutorials etc! i`v just got a few questions to ask well maybe more than a few ha ha so here goes if anyone can help????

Are there clients who are better suited to tips than sculpting, different nail types etc?

Also i am confused with this pink and white shananigans, Single colour acrylic? is this just when your using the pink for the whole nail? can you sculpt with just one colour or only when using a tip? do you then use polish for the white or leave natural if this is what the client wants is that a common request? I take it rebalances are for pinks and whites and in-fills for single colour enhancements? and last but not least (honest) do most techs charge more for a rebalance than an infill due to the increased time it takes?

Sorry for all the head nipping but if anyone has got any info it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks xxx

Hi Kirsty (that's my daughters name too LOL)

welcome to the site. If you could fill in your profile a bit more then we would know the level of training you are at so as not to risk telling you stuff you already know.

Yes some clients nails are more suited to tips rather than sculpting. Depending on your level of training course, this should be covered.

pink and white is another term for Permanent French. Personally I would never use single colour as I prefer to make a difference between the free edge colour and the nail - afterall, naturally they are different LOL.

Rebalance is the term for restructuring the nail and ensuring the balance is right - as the nail grows the stress area also grows and the nail becomes out of balance. I personally do a rebalance of varying degrees at every appointment - I dont ever do just an infill.

Hope this helps a bit.

Welcome to the site:biggrin:
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Which clients to Sculpt or tip-

Normally Sculpts are preferred for - short nail beds.
No rule as to Tips for this - Sculpts for that.
Only what is better suited for the clients needs.
It is your decision as a tech to which of these you will apply.

One colour application - ANY COLOUR covering the entire nail.

You can Sculpt - Overlay tip - Natural Nail with Clear -Pink -Natural
to achieve a French Look. Apply enamel to make your smile line.[White]

Each client will have their own preference as to how they will want their
nails to be finished. Cater to their need's to the best of your abilities.

Rebalance includes ANY COLOUR to perform the service
Infill - Rebalance the same thing. Rebalance more modern term.

Pricing a Rebalance for French Enhancements is a tad more than for one colour application. Takes a little bit more time - skill - not necessarily product.

hTh
XX J XX

Thanks for the reply

i ahve put a bit more info in my profile! certain areas were not really covered so am not to sure!

I agree using pink and white does look much nicer but are there clients out there who want one colour with just a natural tip underneath or polish for the white?

God theres so much to learn its madness isnt it i cant wait to get to the stage where i actually know something and confident about it?

ha ha

Thank you Kirsty - I have looked at your profile - since you started with Creative, if you are happy then I would suggest you look to taking the Master classes and/or do some one to one training with your Ambassador. The Master classes will cover sculpting, unusual nail shapes - bitten, ski jump, hook etc and which can be sculpted and which can be tipped, and there is a Master class on rebalances.

I have some clients who dont like the bright white so you have the options of using Soft White or I also have a mix of Soft white and Natural to give a more natural look, particularly when sculpting as Natural on its own is too transparent.

HTHs and let us know how you get on with what you choose to do.

Thank you for your advice Fiona

I was actually thinking about doing the one to one thing so maybe thats what i`ll do to cover the stuff am still not to familiar with.

Ta again x :)

Sorry thanks also to jnail for your advice very helpfull x

Latest posts

Back