Tipping polish into OPI bottles!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophie_Jane

Reaction score
Hello Lovelies!!

So ive woke up this morning to see a friends had posted on facebook about a visit to a nail bar or a soak off. While she was there she notices another worker tipping cheap polishes into opi polish bottles and putting them on the stand for use. Im pretty sure this is false advertising?

Not only that, she was given no aftercare advice and her nails and fingers have gone extremely dry and white.

People like this are discusting! At least we know how they make more money!! Naughty Salon!! Sorry about the minirant!! xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello Lovelies!!

So ive woke up this morning to see a friends had posted on facebook about a visit to a nail bar or a soak off. While she was there she notices another worker tipping cheap polishes into opi polish bottles and putting them on the stand for use. Im pretty sure this is false advertising?

Not only that, she was given no aftercare advice and her nails and fingers have gone extremely dry and white.

People like this are discusting! At least we know how they make more money!! Naughty Salon!! Sorry about the minirant!! xxx

I'm not sure if they can physically do anything but Lena White are the distributor for OPI. Give them a call on 01923 240 010 and tell them about your concerns.

Contact the local trading standards office

You've never heard of people pulling that kind of trick before? Or passing off counterfeit UV polish ... Or telling people they are getting Shellac when they are not? It seems to be the name of the game for many scam artists. What's new? No point in reporting things unless you can prove it and I promise you no one is going to test the polish to see if what you say is true.

I have heard of it before but it still frustrates me! Plus her nails are in terrible state now because of the soak off! Just annoys me! xx

That would frustrate me too. Thats worse than using blank bottles like some highstreet nail salons do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have heard of it before but it still frustrates me! Plus her nails are in terrible state now because of the soak off! Just annoys me! xx

Stories like yours annoy all of us ... Cheats and liars abound ... Opportunists ... Downright fraudsters ...

Be glad that dry white fingers can be moisturised ... She could have had all her old nails filed off and lacerated by a drill or the other trick of shoving a tip under the enhancement to prize it off.

Why do people go to substandard places and then complain about the treatment they received on FB? If You walk into the lion's cage you are going to get eaten!

i remember when i was a college training we had to do work experiance so i went and was told the woman who rented the area down stars in high class hairdressers she told me to fill clean and easy wax machine with a cheaper brand in a tub into the tubes that were in the machine and stored her pedicure foot machine in with the cleaning stuff mop bucket bleaches didnt half smell i told my teachers i didnt want to go bk they asked y so i told them and she had me go bank with over 500 quid and a paying in book they went mad foned her and said i wasnt coming bk she told a teacher i broke a expensive machine for facials which was a lie

Way back in the 60's I had a girlfriend who was a hairdresser. She use to tell me all sorts of tricks they got up to before real branding of hair products they used two shampoos in the salon. One was pink and one was blue .. They were both exactly the same but one cost much more to have used on your hair than the other. She used to think this was a great scam!!

It's been going on forever and will go on forever because there are dishonest penny pinching cheap skates all over the place.

Last edited:
The industry is rife with this sort of thing.

The moral of the story is you get what you pay for.

I've known a nail "technician" pour CRISP AND DRY COOKING OIL into a empty solar oil bottle...lol...seriously...doubt what was in THAT bottle of solar oil would of won as award at Instyle.

Same as when clients come to me for a RE SHELLAC..and swear blind its shellac..and it takes A HOUR TO GET OFF!! Now i'll ask WHERE they had it done prior to booking them in.

i remember when i was a college training we had to do work experiance so i went and was told the woman who rented the area down stars in high class hairdressers she told me to fill clean and easy wax machine with a cheaper brand in a tub into the tubes that were in the machine and stored her pedicure foot machine in with the cleaning stuff mop bucket bleaches didnt half smell i told my teachers i didnt want to go bk they asked y so i told them and she had me go bank with over 500 quid and a paying in book they went mad foned her and said i wasnt coming bk she told a teacher i broke a expensive machine for facials which was a lie

Oh my god...
Reminds me of the time i ran out of foot soak..so poured half a bottle of fairy liquid in my foot spa instead!! Lol :wink2: :D

Latest posts

Back