Tips For Bitten Nails?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sittingpretty

Reaction score
a lady has asked me to do nail extensions on xmas eve. She bites her nails and when I placed a tip against her nail to explain what method I use- the tip well was bigger than her nail!

I have only been doing nail extensions for 6 months and have never come across such bitten nails! Any helpful hints would be appreciated! Many thanks.

theres a tutorial on here for tipping bitten nails! hope this helps!

lou x

I would sculpt in this situation. Can you sculpt?

Thanxs Sandi I've looked on the tutorial so I'll have a practise tomorrow.

Not done any sculpting as yet, am trying to conquer tip and overlay first!

Nailorama said:
The tutorial is fantastic, I managed my first nail biter a couple of months ago, the end result was great. I was so glad I had read the tutorial first. Its a life saver!
Good Luck
x

I hope it goes well for me tomorrow ! thanks for the confidence boost !

I've only been qualified for about a week or so now, but so far since I've been at my new job I've done about 10 sets of nails and I'm getting better and better(I hope). But in relation I find that people with bitten nails tend to have very stubby fingers so it's so much harder to get the tip on. as to wot one of the other women said, I think sculpting would be better in the situation. I did my friends nails and she had really bad bitten nails but I continued to put the tips on anyway and then she called me the next day and nearly all of them had fallen off.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sammi akey

i have just enhanced my daughters nails with glitter tonight, she is a nail biter, i tried to tip them first, but, her nails are so tiny, i just couldnt get the tips to fit, so i sculpted them, and i must say they turned out alright, not perfect, but a vast inprovement.
she was over the moon with the result.

my last client before xmas (tonight) was a nail biter, her nails weren't that bad the last time I saw her but she's gone back to biting and OMG they were a bit of a mess.
I used tips, pretailored, saddled the tips and preblended, the only problem I had were on the ring fingers and pinky's as her fingers were quite chubby and not a lot of nail, the blending was hard on those nails but the rest were ok.
She chose glitter tips and I'm pleased to say they looked fab and were a huge improvement when I'd finished :D
No pics as yet but should have them in a couple of days as I'd left my camera at home but her Dad took some before and after shots and will email them to me, as soon as I get them I'll post them.
x

Latest posts

Back