To all you Hair extensionists out there......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa82

Reaction score
I'm considering doing a hair extension ourse, and have found someone local offering training in the ultrasonic method.
As I have no knowledge in extensions, I'm not sure if this is a popular method? And is it safe for the natural hair compared to other types?
Any help or advice much appreciated!! x

Hey hun,

Firstly, no method if fitted properly with correct aftercare is unsafe for natural hair but the cold fusion ultrasonic technique will put a lot of clients who have reservations at ease. I use nearly every method available and am currently booked on a course for this very method as a) I like to be able to offer every technique available and b) I am obsessed with Hair extensions! :wink2:

The ultrasonic also has quite a USP at the moment too as not many places are offering this service... HTH

Andria x

Thanks so much for your reply :) Must be why I can't find much info on it....hmmm, still waiting on course info being emailed to me by the trainer.
Thanks again!x

No problem. Which company is it that is offering the training? x

Hey! I'm trained in the ultrasonic cold fusion method and was the first in my city.
As I was aware that because it's such a new method, some people would be abit sceptical about it so I did a full head on one of my friends as a portfolio piece, taking pictures of it the process step by step then posted them on my website.

I personally still and always will prefer fusion bonded, I felt that the ultrasonic machine fid not melt or "crystallise" if using the correct term as quickly as the heat connector.

The method is good though for promoting a "no heat" application system- some clients definitely prefer that aspect. :)

Hey! I'm trained in the ultrasonic cold fusion method and was the first in my city.
As I was aware that because it's such a new method, some people would be abit sceptical about it so I did a full head on one of my friends as a portfolio piece, taking pictures of it the process step by step then posted them on my website.

I personally still and always will prefer fusion bonded, I felt that the ultrasonic machine fid not melt or "crystallise" if using the correct term as quickly as the heat connector.

The method is good though for promoting a "no heat" application system- some clients definitely prefer that aspect. :)

Thank-you for your reply :biggrin: Will look around for the fusion bonded to see if I can find anyone local x

Hi Mazie, do you mind me asking which company you trained with? I am already sorted for training but still gathering every bit of info about it as possible.... can you have OCD with hair extensions??, hmmm... anyway, who did you use and how did you rate them? :wink2:

Thanks x

Hey Astarstyle! I trained with connect2hair.. I wasn't keen! Quite poor course materials and not enough in depth information about the actual method.
I trained with KM for my other methods but chose connect2hair as they were slightly cheaper for the ultrasonic course.
I definitely think that once you get use to and find the method you like, then you tend to stick! It also helps you perfect a method if you continuously use it..
I'm team fusion bonded all the way! :) x

Latest posts

Back