To all you mobile ladies!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarsalon

Reaction score
hi, looking for some more advise please! i am looking to set up mobile nail tech in a new area - and just wanted some business advice. what advertising did you do when you started, how busy are you (i am only going to be working evenings and weekends), what sort of things will i need to do for tax, do i need to set up a company, do you go to peoples houses or do they come to you (have you ever been to a dodgy house?? - how do you ensure your safety? would it be better to rent a table somewhere part time. etc etc. as you can see i have loads of questions and any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advance xx

Hi Hun,

There is so much advice already on here that woukld benifit you. If you go into Biz Geek and have a look at the threads there they are full of valuable information. With regards to ensuring your safety when visiting peoples houses, I always give my partner the address and tell him how long I am likely to be and what time to expect me home. When I started out I was only doing evenings and weekends and I wasnt all that busy because I found that clients wanted daytime appointments so I have now redeuced my ours in the office so I can now offer appointments on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Best thing to do is get your own website, PM Ruth Mills (fellow geek), Ruth has done alot of websites for other geeks and they are fab. Also print off your own flyers or do some on vistaprint and get out there delivering them as much as you can. You could also contact your local paper and ask them about advertising.

As I said, your best bet is to do a search on here as there is so much info on here, you'll be amazed!!!

HTHs Hun and Good Luck

xxx

Hey hun,

Like already said if you search there are loads of things that really helped me. Im mobile and go to peoples houses. Its taken me along time but i am getting busier and have quite a few regular clients. Do you have any clients already i.e from your previous job? Wheni started i didnt have any clients at all and tried loads of things to advertise. TBH i found that adverts i paid for didnt help me at all and i didnt get any business from them. Taking time to leaflet drop, phone businesses/schools/nurseries etc asking them to put up a poster maybe offer a discount are all good things. I have found that my main source of new clients come from my website. I dont pay for any extra ads (coming first on google etc) Ive just registered with loads of free directories and seem to come up quite high. I designed my website myself as well which saved alot of money.although it took me a while!!

Thats just a few things i do personally but have a search and youll find loads of great ideas.

Happy Reading!x

Also check out Carl (Extensionize) on here for logo and flyer design - he rocks!

CatsClaws, thanks for the recommendation :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back