To blend or not to blend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs81

Reaction score
Hi

Ive just tried some nsi french fin tips and quite like them but we've only been taught to use tips that you blend. I prefer the effect of the french fin as its a neater smile line etc. What sort do you all use and why?

Debs81 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like the Creative tips as they are so easy to blend and take no time at all, also pretty flexible too and not hard like some.

I am now trying to sculpt whenever i can, which is miles better than tips anyday

You don't need to blend french tips - just make sure you place them in the right place for a smile line and away you go :D

Ive just done my best ever set on my mum and used blendable tips so i think i'll use both. As for sculpting i am not brilliant at that!!!

Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't use tips anymore I sculpt with gel they are so easy to do. When I did use tips I used creative velocity. I have seen french fins and had them on myself I can see why you like them they give a lovely C Curve without too much effort.

On the rare occasion that i use french tips l cut out the whole of the well with curved scissors as l find it leaves a slight shadow that l don't like.

But the best in my book will always be sculpting - the best way to start is your practice hand and forms and have fun.

I know this is going to sound stupid but i didn't realise you could sculpt with gel!

That answers another question i suppose on how do you create a gel white tip when the nail grows out etc? All these things i should be learning at college!! Its making me even more worried when i read stuff on here because i feel left out so to speak on the whole topic!!

Thanks for the replies i obviously have alot to talk about with my tutor!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It will all come together debs81 l can assure you. You can sculpt with gel and fabric yes fabric never knew that myself until Ruth sent me the know how - clever stuff eh!

As for the nail growth that is when re-balances come in.

Sculpted nails with brisa gel look absolutely beautiful and so natural. They are so light and flexible they feel like your own nail. They really do not have that "false nail" look that some salons are turning out. They are really easy to do once you have been trained and get some practise, you will wonder why you ever used tips. There is also less 'pinging' with sculpts as there isn't anything to ping off! The CND forms are brilliant and if you follow the lines you will get some great results.

I started off doing tips and overlays and was afraid to sculpt but once I started I found them much easier to do than tips as you haven't got all the hassle of blending etc. I am by no means and expert I have only been doing nails for a year but that is my experience.

smiler13334 said:
It will all come together debs81 l can assure you. You can sculpt with gel and fabric yes fabric never knew that myself until Ruth sent me the know how - clever stuff eh!

As for the nail growth that is when re-balances come in.

Thanks for the encouragement smiler xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back