To soak off or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Fawkes

Reaction score
Evening all - question bout soaking nails off. Did my mates nails tonight and she said her sister (who goes elsewhere for her nails!) had asked her how often I soak off her nails. My friend told her never, cos I dont, just infill or rebalance. Her sister has all hers soaked off quite often and a new set put on.

Worried now that perhaps Im doing it wrong - does anyone soak nails off and start again and if so why and how often?

Ta very much.

PS - do ya think you can get repetitive strain injury from using the mouse to much while on this site???? My right hand not happy tonight at all!!!

There should be no need to soak off, unless you noticed an infection, or there was allergic reaction etc.

Some nail technicians soak off if they have not perfected applying white l&p, gel, more than white or polish even, and use white tips. I may soak off if someone has had say glitter tips and want to go back to natural or pink and whites, or just to overlay the natural nail.

So, no, in my opinion you are not doing it wrong. Good way of earning money though if you have the time....that's the price of a soak off and a new set, as opposed to a rebalance.....i don't think my clients would be too pleased about paying for that too often! x

You are not doing anything wrong.
I only soak off if the plot requiers it......as in complete nail dissaster... broken nail, and then I usualy sculpt in the broken edge...............

My bread and butter stuff is maintaining enhancements............

P.S. stretch your hand now and again............ it really works well, if you grip a glass of vino with the mouse hand now and again.............

Ta v much for that - thought sounded bit odd!

Will have to try the exercise with my hand - tho will have to be bottle of beer for me - bin poorly on too much wine too many times and cant touch the stuff anymore!

Guy Fawkes said:
PS - do ya think you can get repetitive strain injury from using the mouse to much while on this site???? My right hand not happy tonight at all!!!

Try practising with your left for a bit!!!...lol

As for soaking off....I only ever do it if they are looking really manky, lots of lifting or have infill lines (doesn't happen very often now though!)...or they are a new client with an other product on.

BTW I read on here once about soaking nails off with cotton wool dipped in acetone and wrapped in kitchen foil...It works a treat. It is so quick and clients can't keep removing them out of acetone, despite telling them not too. Plus, you can work on each finger, scraping gently with an orange stick, while the others are still cooking!!

Latest posts

Back