Toning hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charl1987

Reaction score
Hi ya,

New on here so hi! And hoping I will be able to help some of u out someday, but first I have a question! I have purchased some clip in extensions (colour #613) but are quite yellow toned. Would using wella 10/16 and pastel work as it would on normal bleached hair to get rid of yellow tones? That's what toner is used on hair I'm tryi to match to?

Thanks xxxx

Hi ya,

New on here so hi! And hoping I will be able to help some of u out someday, but first I have a question! I have purchased some clip in extensions (colour #613) but are quite yellow toned. Would using wella 10/16 and pastel work as it would on normal bleached hair to get rid of yellow tones? That's what toner is used on hair I'm tryi to match to?

Thanks xxxx

Not sure on certain types of hair but I have done this a few times with extensions and they turned out nice x

Thanks. Although am thinking would it be more beneficial to mix with a peroxide instead? Not wanting the toner to go too grey on the processeed hair?

Thanks. Although am thinking would it be more beneficial to mix with a peroxide instead? Not wanting the toner to go too grey on the processeed hair?

Whiter shade of pale in Fudge x

I used 10-16 on mine with pastel toner, came out lovely. Left on full 20 mins.. My hair is from celebrity elite colour also 613..

Thanks for the advice! Will try tonight. Just hope they come up light enough as my hair is very very white. Did think about using 10/16 and 9 or 12% to ensure they are light enough - would this damage them? I have only ever dyed extensions darker for clients!!! Xxxx

Thanks for the advice! Will try tonight. Just hope they come up light enough as my hair is very very white. Did think about using 10/16 and 9 or 12% to ensure they are light enough - would this damage them? I have only ever dyed extensions darker for clients!!! Xxxx

No stick with pastel toner.. This will damage hair. This is a pic of my hair. I think that it's a good match.. Looks a bit scraggy pulled it out of bobble do need a brush lol...,

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323268674.728408.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323268674.728408.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 326
No stick with pastel toner.. This will damage hair. This is a pic of my hair. I think that it's a good match.. Looks a bit scraggy pulled it out of bobble do need a brush lol...,

Ahh yea yours are a good match! Mine is roughly the same whiteness! We're your extensions quite golden? X

Yes, it looked yellow when I put it against my hair. So I toned them. It only took one go. I would have thought 613 should be the same no matter who manufacturers them..

Can't look no worse than they are now..

To say thanks for the advice! Glad I listened as they are perfect - couldn't have got a better match if I tried!!!! Xx

Glad they turned out great!!

Latest posts

Back