Training in the north

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttons

Reaction score
I live in Yarm Cleveland and am desperate to start my training. I'm a single mum and need to get someone to look after my son whilst training. I can't seem to find any where close to me. I'm wanting initially to train in gels.
I guess everyone has been here, which one is the best? I know creative excellent but again quite far for me to travel and is a five day expensive course with no dates until June.
I very keen to put the hard work in and have plenty of hands lined up as models (nail trainer being one !)
I'm desperate to get started but don't want to waste money on a product i'm not happy with. Bio Gel is something I'm looking into at the mo but again it's about a 2 hour trip to the training centre.

Hope someone is out there from this area that can maybe help me out.

Buttons x

Hi I am from Middlesbrough.....Ormesby area. I trained at the local college, every saturday for 8 months. That is probably way too long for you, but there again it might be better because someone may be able to look after you child on a saturday morning. Pity I dont still live there, as I would have offered to babysit for you.

Best of luck.

Val

Thats an idea thanks. Which college was it ? What did you initially train in?

I'll have to get my parents to not spend as much time in there caravan and help me out !

Hi Buttons

Just noticed in todays paper stockton riverside colege and taking on for a course in july if thats any good to you

kellyx
buttons said:
Thats an idea thanks. Which college was it ? What did you initially train in?

I'll have to get my parents to not spend as much time in there caravan and help me out !

The Middlesbrough College is just the college of further education and its on Roman Road, Middlesbrough if that is of any help to you. Look in yellow pages under colleges and look for one on Roman Road.

Hi,

Could be totaly way off here but is that anywhere near whitley Bay...i'm sure Creative hold courses there.

HTH

Your right it's about an hour away. I now decided to go for an ezflow. I have spoken to a really nice lady called Sonia Hassanien. She is going to train me in Durham. Ezflow have fantastic offer on at the mo. Training L & P for 295 +VAT and get your kit free. Then if you buy a Gel it! UV lamp for £150 + VAT you get a gel kit free too I am going to get both it works out a bargain. I know money isn't everything but what I've found out the training is fab also.

Looking forward to starting, which I will be hopefully in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for all your help. If anyone fancys meeting up from the area, let me know. x

mamma said:
Hi,

Could be totaly way off here but is that anywhere near whitley Bay...i'm sure Creative hold courses there.

HTH

buttons said:
If anyone fancys meeting up from the area, let me know. x

hiya - there are a few of us from this area, and i for one wouldnt mind meeting up with other geeks, im only 20 mins from yarm

I'm all new to the area and nails, so prob not the best person to organise it.
But would love to meet fellow geeks.

Not sure if you've all met before. If so where bouts and whens a good ? x

QUOTE=Peter Pan]hiya - there are a few of us from this area, and i for one wouldnt mind meeting up with other geeks, im only 20 mins from yarm[/QUOTE]

Hi There Peter pan

Hope you dont mind me joining in here.

Im all for meeting up!

would be good to introduce ourselves in person, makes it just a bit more friendlier, you get a better idea who your speaking too, we can support n help each other, swopp idea's n stuff.:hug:

Have just started to post on here myself, lurked about for a long while, never used a forum before!

No turning back now i luv it:Love:

Christi x

am from the Boro too

Anyone any suggestions/prefs to when and where? x

buttons said:
Anyone any suggestions/prefs to when and where? x

how about we all meet at each others houses on a rota basis, say the 2nd saturday of each month starting next month

hope you enjoy your course "buttons"! Let us know how you get on? The gel offer end s at the end of march, the foundation l & P offer ends of april (only L&P have been extended) hope this helps if you would like sonias number please pm navigator who will be happy to help.
buttons said:
Your right it's about an hour away. I now decided to go for an ezflow. I have spoken to a really nice lady called Sonia Hassanien. She is going to train me in Durham. Ezflow have fantastic offer on at the mo. Training L & P for 295 +VAT and get your kit free. Then if you buy a Gel it! UV lamp for £150 + VAT you get a gel kit free too I am going to get both it works out a bargain. I know money isn't everything but what I've found out the training is fab also.

Looking forward to starting, which I will be hopefully in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for all your help. If anyone fancys meeting up from the area, let me know. x

Latest posts

Back