Training with Saks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linz260

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone had trained at a saks academy and i they were any good or not, as i was thinking of doing my nvq level 2 with them. I'm abit old for an apprenticeship (i'm 23) so would either be saks or college i would train. Love to here any opinions on what i should do and whether saks would be the best option

Which academy? London?

No glasgow. That would be the one nearer me

Ah! I went to the London one, there are some mixed reviews on here for saks but for me personally I had a good experience. I can't speak for the Glasgow academy though!

I trained at the saks Cardiff academy and personally did not feel that the training was worth the money! .. It is very expensive and for the amount you pay, I was actually quite shocked in the training, kit and facilities provided.
If there are any particular questions you want answered, please feel free to PM me.. I don't necessarily feel right slagging them off publicly!!
Xxx

Personally I haven't heard anything good about the Glasgow academy - I trained at rainbow room academy think the price is about the same an found it brilliant! I know someone who actually left saks as they weren't happy...x

Ok thanks for the advice :) I don't think i'll be going with saks. Asked a friend aswell who trained with them too and she wasn't very happy with the training and especially the amount it all cost. I'll have a look somewhere else :)

Rainbow room are good my hubby's cousin done her training there too xx

I am doing a NVQ2 barbering course with Saks. It's pretty damn expensive, but I hope it will worth the money.
Because I am already doing an NVQ2 at college full time, I can't say that I learn many new things at Saks. The difference is in the small details, things that haven't been mentioned in 2 years since I've been to college.
It doesn't mean you will be a better hairdresser if you train with Saks, it only means that you have the training under your belly on your cv.

My experience is v good so far.I don't regret taking the course, altough it means to have an extra part time evening job to pay it.

Latest posts

Back