Trans woman Brazilian wax lawsuit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
I think this is ridiculous. Doing a male genitalia Brazilian is different than doing a female. Testicles are tricky. The salon did the right thing. Who would want to be the first Brazilian client a therapist ever had? The client should have said her genitalia was male when booking her appointment. Not discrimination, just a safety issue imo.
Eta safety of the client

Insurance wouldn't cover you if you had not trained in the treatment xxx

This is the problem though. Even if a therapist is not comfortable let alone trained or insured to do this if trans activists accuse places of being transphobic because of this they will lose custom and businesses will suffer.
Also if laws change because of lawsuits like this then we could be breaking discrimination laws if we don't treat physically male trans women.
I want to have a home salon in the future and would want to have it female only as I'll often work alone. I don't want to be forced to accept biological males.

The salon in question advertise themselves as a trans salon. I think it was an unfortunate misunderstanding.

There are different equality laws for each country.

If that was here, it would and IS considered discrimination. To say oh we do trans clients all the time but not male waxing is a bit of an oxymoron... firstly, gender reassignment surgery is NOT compulsory to be trans. Not to mention there are so, so many sub genres under the trans umbrella it is not just trans man and trans women, if you don't do male waxing, do not advertise or sit and say you are capable of doing trans waxing... it is as simple as that.

This is the problem though. Even if a therapist is not comfortable let alone trained or insured to do this if trans activists accuse places of being transphobic because of this they will lose custom and businesses will suffer.
Also if laws change because of lawsuits like this then we could be breaking discrimination laws if we don't treat physically male trans women.
I want to have a home salon in the future and would want to have it female only as I'll often work alone. I don't want to be forced to accept biological males.
You don't have to accept biological males - you just say you are a ladies only salon.

A court case local to me determined that biologically male trans women using a local pub had to use the gents toilet after one of them used the ladies, a local complained and the landlord asked them to use the gents. They got offended. From memory it went to the European court of Human rights. The landlord won!

What upsets me about this story is that it could stop salons being trans friendly. I think the salon in question only advertise that they offer ladies Brazilian and are probably trying to make it clear that they welcome trans clients. Maybe they should clarify, but this could put a lot of salons off being inclusive and welcoming to the trans community. I definitely think the salon did the right thing.

Long ago I received a very rude email from a chap who took offence that I didn't offer male intimate waxing. At the time I worked on my own from home so offered no male treatments at all - nor did I offer female intimate waxing. We can all be offended if we go out looking for it, but this has made me wary of advertising that we welcome trans clients if we have to clarify the waxing we offer is for ladies bits only x

You don't have to accept biological males - you just say you are a ladies only salon.

A court case local to me determined that biologically male trans women using a local pub had to use the gents toilet after one of them used the ladies, a local complained and the landlord asked them to use the gents. They got offended. From memory it went to the European court of Human rights. The landlord won!

What upsets me about this story is that it could stop salons being trans friendly. I think the salon in question only advertise that they offer ladies Brazilian and are probably trying to make it clear that they welcome trans clients. Maybe they should clarify, but this could put a lot of salons off being inclusive and welcoming to the trans community. I definitely think the salon did the right thing.

Long ago I received a very rude email from a chap who took offence that I didn't offer male intimate waxing. At the time I worked on my own from home so offered no male treatments at all - nor did I offer female intimate waxing. We can all be offended if we go out looking for it, but this has made me wary of advertising that we welcome trans clients if we have to clarify the waxing we offer is for ladies bits only x

The problem is if I say ladies only salon and the trans woman is legally now called female on their ID then it would be considered discrimination for me to not treat this person as legally they are female.

The problem is if I say ladies only salon and the trans woman is legally now called female on their ID then it would be considered discrimination for me to not treat this person as legally they are female.
I think they're only legally female after surgery though x

I think they're only legally female after surgery though x
No... no they aren't. As soon as they start living in role and are under the gender clinic they are female. Surgery does not equal gender, because if it did there would be a whole other issue from the likes of the intersex community xx

No... no they aren't. As soon as they start living in role and are under the gender clinic they are female. Surgery does not equal gender, because if it did there would be a whole other issue from the likes of the intersex community xx

Ps I worked as an advisor to the trans (and all of the LGBTQQI ) for 3 years under a gay charity that I still volunteer for :)

So what could happen if I had a ladies only salon and did not accept pre op trans women?

So what could happen if I had a ladies only salon and did not accept pre op trans women?
I think that would be totally acceptable. You don't have a qualification to determine if someone is a pre op transgender or a man dressed up. The law is so vague - remember the trans male to female who got put in a male prison. Absolutely awful for her.

I'm very happy to treat pre or post op trans but as I only offer ladies intimate waxing I would be turning the trans in the original post away. The salon didn't make it clear they only offered ladies intimate from memory x

Latest posts

Back