TS20 gun troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joygirl

Reaction score
Hi guys so a couple years ago I wrote on here the trouble I was having with my spray tan gun. Well I had it a bit longer then just bought a replacement gun and lived happily after till last Thursday. I did the usual strip down and the following day gun started leaking from gland nut :(. I did everything retightened loosened oiled you name it I did it. Even considered buying a new gun. Then I was looking through an online version of the gun manual and saw in the diagram a gland seal. Which I don't recall ever seeing but looked around and bought the replacement parts for the gun from maximist. They seem to be the only ones stocking these, but the parts came I got several tiny seals popped one in tightened the nut and it's has finally stopped leaking. I was this close to retiring from tanning as I just had enough of gun issues o_O. But seriously I've never seen or noticed the seal and no one has ever mentioned replacing or checking on it. Can anyone relate or enlighten?

After reading this I had to go and check my TS20! I have to admit that I've never had to unscrew the gland nut so I don't know if mines got a seal or not! I then took a look at the YouTube video that I've always followed when I strip my gun down and although he mentions that there is a gland nut seal, he doesn't actually show it, he just shows how to loosen the nut if you're having problems with the gun spraying even when you're not pressing the trigger. I suppose I have to assume mine has got this seal though as I haven't had any problems with leaking in the 4 years I've had it?

The only issue I do have with mine is the metal bit (not sure what it's called!) that slots into the end of the rubber suction pipe is a very loose fit and has been known to fall off into the bottle! Have you had this problem? I'm wondering if I should try and get a replacement?

After reading this I had to go and check my TS20! I have to admit that I've never had to unscrew the gland nut so I don't know if mines got a seal or not! I then took a look at the YouTube video that I've always followed when I strip my gun down and although he mentions that there is a gland nut seal, he doesn't actually show it, he just shows how to loosen the nut if you're having problems with the gun spraying even when you're not pressing the trigger. I suppose I have to assume mine has got this seal though as I haven't had any problems with leaking in the 4 years I've had it?

The only issue I do have with mine is the metal bit (not sure what it's called!) that slots into the end of the rubber suction pipe is a very loose fit and has been known to fall off into the bottle! Have you had this problem? I'm wondering if I should try and get a replacement?
Yes mine has done that several times I just pop it back in. With the replacement kit it includes one so now I have a spare

If your gun is 4 years old you might a new tube

If your gun is 4 years old you might a new tube

Yes, I think your right, it's just got a bit loose over time. I think I'll invest in a replacement kit before anything major goes!

Latest posts

Back