Turning a room in your house into a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
what do u lovely geeks think of it?? how many of you have a salon at home. do you have any pictures. I'm really interested in turning my spare room into a salon but just would like some general advise
thanks in advance

I was thinking of doing the same but speaking to people i know for some market research not one liked the idea of it they would prefer me going to them or a salon.was really looking forward to setting up a fab room aswell.

Hth x

see for me its different i have had more people wanting to come to me which is not usually the normal thing. iv either just been lucky or its what some ppl want. Im still prob going to do it as its a spare room and if i need it i use it lol x

I work from home and I have some pictures of my studio in my album. I enjoy working from home as I tend to work later in the evenings then its so much easier at the end of the day. Also when I have a break or if I have gaps between clients then I can do other things without having to travel far.
Good Luck Jack

its lovely thanks for that. I find people want to come to me straight from work and stuff when salons are closed. i have mixed clients lol. My room is not as big as yours but is big enough to use if you get what i mean. Your room looks so relaxing

You should defo do it then if thats what people are asking for. Good luck :) x

its lovely thanks for that. I find people want to come to me straight from work and stuff when salons are closed. i have mixed clients lol. My room is not as big as yours but is big enough to use if you get what i mean. Your room looks so relaxing
Thank you..
Its the same for me that most of my clients want evening appointments and I find my peak times are 5-8pm, although having worked from home for several years I have established a good regular client base and find that I now also get a lot of bookings during the day with students, people who work locally and of course clients who dont work so I can spread the bookings over the day..
I had a much smaller treatment room in my last place so with careful planning I still managed to get almost as much stuff into it!!
I also agree evening appointments are great for clients that because of work commitments can't always get to a salon but also clients will come to you because they like you and the treatments and products that you use.
Good luck with it..
Jack

what do u lovely geeks think of it?? how many of you have a salon at home. do you have any pictures. I'm really interested in turning my spare room into a salon but just would like some general advise
thanks in advance
I work from home and really like it on so many different levels. I can basically choose the hours I work (within reason as you have to be flexible about evening and weekend appts), your overheads are low and you are far better paid than if you worked in a salon.

My advise would be to make your home salon as "salon like" as possible...make sure it is really inviting and nicely decorated and looks professional. I think that home based salons can suffer from a poor image with people imagining that it will be all dodgy carpets and curtains and school photos leering down off the walls or having your legs waxed on the kitchen table lol! Get it looking really lovely and then make sure you have plenty of photos on your website and flyers to reassure people that your home salon is every bit as lovely as a high street one.

My clients come to me because they love my salon, feel it's a more personal service and because my overheads are virtually nil, I can keep my prices lower than a professional salon and still make a good profit.

Good luck
PB
x

thank you ladies and gents for replies xx

I work from home aswell, have done for the last 18 months, Im soooo busy its fantastic.

Iv just converted our garage into my room, if you want to see it, pop over to blogs Iv just posted a vid.

Its the best thing since sliced bread working from home, if a client is going to be late or you have a break, you can get on with stuff in the house if you want to, I love it and my clients love the relaxed yet professional atmosphere :biggrin:

I work from home too and I love it!

I've worked in a Beauty Salon, owned a Beauty Salon, worked in a Hair Salon and now work from Home.

My Clients love it and I wasn't planning on working from home for long, I was actually just looking for a new premises, but then I got a bit comfortable and decided to stay put as I'm really busy.

It has its downside of course, as you don't have walk ins and aren't in the public eye, but because I have built up my clients over the years I didn't need to rely on walk ins... I still get new clients by word of mouth, but if all goes quiet I will definitely go back to working in a Salon.... sometimes I miss the buzz of the Salon and chatting to my colleagues, but then, Salon Geek solves that little problem for me.

You can see pics if you click the facebook link in my profile :)

HTHs

I have been working from home now for 2 years and I'm busy. I advertise like mad to stand out. I do late evening up until 9 some times. And I work in the day. I have tried mobile and it didn't work, I still offer mobile appointments but clients prefer to come to me.

C;ient's like it because the late evening, flexible and because it's not rushed. They see only me where as sometimes in salon's you see whoever is free for the appointment.

Good luck

All very positve stuff .....im getting excited now

I will do iv chosen some wall paper and i got an idea of what i want to but havent started it yet lkol

Latest posts

Back