Unhelpful with colour courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-jo

Reaction score
I rang wella today looking into product info courses i would like some information on illumina and colour id as i am mobile i feel out of the loop and had no training with these,just rang up to find out what courses they do woman was very snotty and unhelpful didnt really seem like she wanted to help at all,vaguely said they do interactive courses which are couple hours long and they are in the london studios,this seems a long way for me to go from bristol to london for two hours and the full day course is £312 which i cannot afford at mo:sad: is there any other way of getting this training? this is the only time i wish i was still in a salon for the free up to date product training!

The observation courses are about £60. It's more than two hours, it goes on for all the theory side which is 9.30am until about 1 or 2pm.
The essential colour course covers all of the products but there is an illumina course which is worth doing.
The educators there are wonderful but I've had a couple of discrepancies myself with the reception.

Aston & Fincher in Bristol have run Wella courses in the past. You could give them a call and see if they've got any planned for 2015?

thank you viva glam,you have given me more info than the receptionist! and i will give aston and fincher a call tomorrow.

How is everything so pricey,
I did a lot of courses with Wella in London and norwich for advanced colour and colour correction for 45.00 each!!!!

Maybe I just got a great deal?

:o

How is everything so pricey,
I did a lot of courses with Wella in London and norwich for advanced colour and colour correction for 45.00 each!!!!

Maybe I just got a great deal?

:o

That's right good! Manchester salon are like £280?

In my local salon services they have a training brochure with wella courses refreshers,illumina,colour correction etc don't think there too pricey,if you've got one close to you ask to have a copy x

I think the discrepancy in pricing might be related to the experience of trainer teaching the course. A bit like the price difference between a junior stylist and a creative director.

I've previously attended courses run by wholesalers and whilst they're generally very good value and usually follow the material produced by the colour house, some of the trainers are less good. I've only had one that was a serious disappointment.

The courses run by the main Academies are consistently excellent and at least you can guarantee first class teaching.

However, I can honestly say the Wahl courses I've attended via the local wholesalers were cheap as chips in comparison to London courses but the trainers used are top of their game!

Simon Shaw and Michael Damiano are inspirational!

Your also paying for location, they have to pay rent in London. So need bums on seats.

Wholesalers don't tend to charge as they stock the product and want to encourage people through the door and they know people buy more product after education.

Academy educators most likely have years of experience are aren't allowed to teach until they are hot!

Field educators are thrown in the deep end, wholesale courses are seen as a newbie thing to test the water with theory.

Latest posts

Back