URGENT...Google Webmaster help please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
I'm trying to verify my site with google webmaster but and error message pops up saying "we couldn't find the verification meta tag"

What am i doing wrong?

I'm supposed to paste it into the HEAD???

This is the meta tag:

<meta name="verify-v1" content="44+NpscKA+RPUlCEsE55HR6K+FcsLy5Ngwu6yWGW8EQ=" />

Do i copy it all or just parts of it?

Need help urgently please

I'm trying to verify my site with google webmaster but and error message pops up saying "we couldn't find the verification meta tag"

What am i doing wrong?

I'm supposed to paste it into the HEAD???

This is the meta tag:

<meta name="verify-v1" content="44+NpscKA+RPUlCEsE55HR6K+FcsLy5Ngwu6yWGW8EQ=" />

Do i copy it all or just parts of it?

Need help urgently please

I had the same problems and gave up in the end!

Also put in the google reports and it crashed my entire website, as my usual ms office reports no longer work since I changed my primary domain.

Ruth will decipher this is 00000.001 of a second lol! Hopefully help me too. lol!

xx

Thanks maybe i'll pm her

Just got your PM! Sorry for the delay - was replying to an email...

First question for you - what system are you using for designing your website? I'm guessing you aren't doing it the "hardcore" way using HTML, like I do most of the time... if you were, then you would just paste that meta tag within the <head> section of the HTML document.

Will have a look at your site in a tic anyway and see if I can guess...

Ah, it's Yola, another one of those free site builder thingies... looks like it's powered by PHP... now to be honest, I wouldn't know how to do this unless I had time to have a play around with Yola... let me PM you in a sec...

Sussed it! On the right hand side of the page, there is a "Content Sidebar" with two tabs - "Content" and "Properties". You want the "Properties" tab, and towards the bottom of that, there is an entry called "Google Webmaster Code". In that, I've just entered that big number thingy - 44+NpscKA+RPUlCEsE55HR6K+FcsLy5Ngwu6yWGW8 EQ=

Then I had to click "Save" and then "Update My Site".

Have just re-loaded your page and checked the source - the "verify-v1" meta tag is now there, just like it should be.

The job's a good-un :)

Its still stating it's not verified

Hmm, I am wondering... does Google check it in real-time when you go to the Google website, or do you have to wait for a Googlebot to come and visit the page? As if the latter, then that may take some time...

No, I added it to your other site on there. Sorry for being a bit blonde!

Actually - do you want to follow those instructions I posted and see if it works for you? If so, let me know when you've done, and I'll check that the code has been added OK.

Makes more sense for you to be able to do it personally, in case you ever need to for any other sites you do...

Latest posts

Back