Urgent reply to client cancelling hair tomorrow!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxi

Reaction score
Just had a text (9.20pm!!) to cancel 8am appointment tomorrow as hair doesn't need cutting! she has asked if it's too late notice to cancel. I don't know what to reply as I obviously cant cut hair that's not ready, but she would have known this last week. I have never asked for a cancellation fee but as it's christmas eve and I've turned away appointments I feel I should, but how should I word it? Oh wise geeks please help me!

Do you have a cancellation policy? If you don't, you probably can't do anything except put one in place for next time. If you do, how about something like, "Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are charged at 50%" or however much you want to charge.

Thanks for the reply. Just spoken to a friend on mine (mobile beauty) who said similar but also said I could say I have a 50% cancellation fee but I am happy to waive it this time but in future I will have to apply it. I'm about to text her that I think, wish me luck! Hopefully she'll feel bad and pay me anyway!! Ha ha bloody ha.....

If you have a facebook page perhaps you could advertise it as someone may take it for hair up or c/b/d ?

I would do that. I would say to her re cancellation policy an its your busy period but as a gesture of goodwill u will waive the fee this time as ur full of xmas spirit etc x

Thanks for your reply. I did text back 'thanks for letting me know. I do have a 50% cancellation fee but I will waive it this time. however in future I will have to apply it'

I could advertise it on facebook, but at gone 10pm I think it's too late, I'll remember that for future though, thanks.

Do it hun! I sometimes check Facebook at midnight (saddo alert haha) you have got nothing to lose.. One of your friends may think arrr I'll have that appointment xx

Just had a reply, she will have her hair cut still :lol: think the threat of a charge worked lol!

I wouldn't have replied, it really winds me up clients contacting me by text. How do they know you've received it? I have a separate phone for work that I leave my current situation on the voicemail, I've just got back from Eurodisney and there's a text on there from a client sent Tuesday wanting to sort an appointment, had she rung she would've known I was away! Rant over! X

Do it hun! I sometimes check Facebook at midnight (saddo alert haha) you have got nothing to lose.. One of your friends may think arrr I'll have that appointment xx

Woohoo I'm not the only saddo!!! For me also in the morning it's- eyes open, salon geek, Facebook then get out bed!!! Lol x

Woohoo I'm not the only saddo!!! For me also in the morning it's- eyes open, salon geek, Facebook then get out bed!!! Lol x

I'm exactly the same!! lol xx

Latest posts

Back