Used hair colour remover. Left with greeny yellow hair! Advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloex

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the other day I tried to dye my dyed red hair a natural brown, it went almost black and so after much research I decided to use a colour remover. It did what I was expecting, took out my hair dye but left me with a orangey tinged blondeish mess. I used purple (ash blonde) toners on it but it's still nticabley noticeably greeny? I just want a really light chocolate brown, or a caramelly colour. please can I have some advice how to achieve this, I'm using semi permanent dye at the moment because I'm aware that using permanent would cause it to reoxidise and go dark again (I did a strand test with permanent and it is this). Any advise? Should I look for an ash blonde to get rid of the copper or will that make it more green? I'm pretty sure whatever colour I put on it will go 2 shades darker btw, and if I use a warm colour would I turn out even more orangey?? Thanks guys x My natural hair colour is a dark blonde / light brown

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back