UV Gel Topcoat over polish????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trishywoo

Reaction score
Can anyone help with a query please. I use uv nail gel and cure in a 36w uv nail lamp - i apply 2 coats when infilling .... i then applied nail polish allowed to dry and then put UV nail gel top coat over but it did not dry - remained tacky and had to file off....

has anyone any idea why it is not curing? I was told that i could apply uv gel top coat over polish to make it shiny but it hasnt worked.

I then tried painting polish over the uv gel nails and then applying a clear coat of the UV gel but spreading it thinner than normal - my nails do not look as good as when i leave them natural looking..

could anyone please advise?

thanks

:cry:

The only gel top coat I know of you can use on top of polish is Star Nails Quattro ,but you have to make sure the polish is completly dry before.

Hi

thanks for that - so what would you use UV Gel Topcoat for? is it to go over the UV Gel as a finish coat?

thanks

Yes.
UV Gel Topcoats need to be applied to a rough surface, usually one that has been filed with a 180grit file. Therefore it is no use applying it to a smooth surface like nail polish.
UV Gel topcoats are a professional product.

Thank you.

Could I clarify then, when I use the UV nail gel and I have cured it and then wiped over with finisher to get rid of the tackyness.... do i then have to rough it up again before putting the uv gel topcoat on.

thanks

Thank you.

Could I clarify then, when I use the UV nail gel and I have cured it and then wiped over with finisher to get rid of the tackyness.... do i then have to rough it up again before putting the uv gel topcoat on.

thanks

There is a lot more to applying a set of gel nails, which is why a Training Course for whatever Gel you are using would be the best thing to do.

Hi I have just painted my nails with polish and applied OPI's soak off gel over the top and cured - they look fine and last!!!

Latest posts

Back