UV lamp nails burning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissa2dodge

Reaction score
I had my nails done professionally and I'm having the same problem on all 10 fingers, just regular gel no sparkles I am in agony with the itching. SOMEONE HELP!!!! Any advice???

I had my nails done professionally and I'm having the same problem on all 10 fingers, just regular gel no sparkles I am in agony with the itching. SOMEONE HELP!!!! Any advice???

You're having an allergic reaction. Sorry, no more getting your nails done for you.

All gels give off heat when they cure. How much heat is generated depends entirely on the product. A low quality product will burn because it's not well formulated.

Every time you burn your client, it makes for a bad experience, and bad experiences almost always outshine the good ones.

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it burning or itching, your post mentions both.

A burning sensation during curing is called an exothermic reaction, or commonly known as a heat spike, this happens as part of the curing process as a chemical reaction is happening in the lamp to cure the product. Some clients feel it, some dont. Sensitivity to the heat can be down to a few things such as thin natural nails, over buffed natural nails, product applied too thickly, some ladies feel it more during certain days of their cycle and when we experience high temperatures weather-wise here in the UK some will mention it more.

If you are experiencing itching and soreness after your treatment then as Tuan says above its likely you are experiencing an allergic reaction. This can be due to any of the ingredients in the product, remover, prep, etc. You'll need an antihistamine in the short term

Go back to your nail tech asap and ask her to remove the polish for you.
I agree it certainly sounds like an allergic reaction which can happen at any time unfortunately.
You could also ask your pharmacist/gp for something to ease the itching until it settles down.

Latest posts

Back