Very confused??????? - Advise needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
Oh dear. Ive just been browsing some old threads and one read that your insurance doesn't cover you if your a mobile thrapist,

is this true????

I've got full cover with Professional Beauty Direct to carry out all beauty treatments(that i am trained in) inc public lib.
Do i need to take out an aditional cover? This self employed biz is so expensive.

Another Q why i'm asking: Do i have to pay an additional charge to my bill payer if i put my home tel no on my biz cards?
At the moment i only have my mobile number on there but i worry that people won't call me for that reason. I don't want an additional line but my land line is for home use plus its tied in with the price of the use of the net so when it comes to expensies this could be confusing!!!

HELP!!!! Answers please.

xxx

hello

i have professional beauty insurance aswell and have just read my details - it doesn't say anything about not covering mobiles and when i filled in the forms i stated i was mobile, also my trainer recommended this company as she used them and was/is mobile so i should think it is okay hope this helps but if in doubt it might be best to call the company

nik said:
hello

i have professional beauty insurance aswell and have just read my details - it doesn't say anything about not covering mobiles and when i filled in the forms i stated i was mobile, also my trainer recommended this company as she used them and was/is mobile so i should think it is okay hope this helps but if in doubt it might be best to call the company

Likewise....I am mobile I have the PB Insurance as through DN and I am covered...

Hi ya

I would ring them and check this...i am mobile (more home based now) told them at the time of purchase and i dont remember seeing anything that said i wouldnt be covered.

I would be interested to know if you find out different.

Thanks.

Amb x

I was under the impression that i was covered too. it was only from browsing some old threads re the Q below:down: that i found this.
Quote from Thread " I used to go mobile too but found it hard work, ............also so insurances dont cover mobile"

This got me worried and i though oh no another prob!!!!!!!

any advances on my other question:down:
exceptionail said:
Another Q why i'm asking: Do i have to pay an additional charge to my bill payer if i put my home tel no on my biz cards?
At the moment i only have my mobile number on there but i worry that people won't call me for that reason. I don't want an additional line but my land line is for home use plus its tied in with the price of the use of the net so when it comes to expensies this could be confusing!!!

Hi hun - your question re landline charges you mention paying extra to the 'billpayer' - by that do you mean BT/NTL etc? If that's what you're asking then - if you declare that it will be a business line the line rental is more expensive, if you just say it's an additional home line (bit unethical, but I've done this for 4 years without being found out!!!) then the line rental will be fairly low (it's £6 per month with NTL - I think).

I personally think it's better to have a landline number on advertising, my cleaning clients in the past have said to me that it gives a potential new client more faith in the company that they're ringing. Also, my sister in law and I both had exactly the same size ads in Yellow Pages for the last 12 months, hers only lists her mobile number though, and I get 3 times the number of enquiries that she does.

Hope that helps! xx

hi pip,
Thats what i thought, mobi numbers can somtimes look unreliable in my opinion, so i imagine thats what a lot of clients will think. I would like to keep my personal and business land line as one. My family and friends don't bother contacting me on my landline so i don't get many calls anyway. I've always had a mobile i only got the land line as it was a package with the internet. The thing that puts me off about registering as a biz line is that you then get hard sellers calling you. Also i think its very unfair that you should get charged more. I work mobile anyway so i would only actually pick up a few calls but i think it reassures people as there are so many people starting up then just giving up, and more often than not you ring the mobile and its no longer in use.

pmason said:
Hi hun - your question re landline charges you mention paying extra to the 'billpayer' - by that do you mean BT/NTL etc? If that's what you're asking then - if you declare that it will be a business line the line rental is more expensive, if you just say it's an additional home line (bit unethical, but I've done this for 4 years without being found out!!!) then the line rental will be fairly low (it's £6 per month with NTL - I think).

I personally think it's better to have a landline number on advertising, my cleaning clients in the past have said to me that it gives a potential new client more faith in the company that they're ringing. Also, my sister in law and I both had exactly the same size ads in Yellow Pages for the last 12 months, hers only lists her mobile number though, and I get 3 times the number of enquiries that she does.

Hope that helps! xx

Latest posts

Back