Very damaged hair, what professional product best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiebrock

Reaction score
I have just had my hair stripped from black with Matrix colour eraser but unfortunately my ends at the front is really damaged. I need to know what is best for chemically distressed damaged hair, is Goldwell Repair therapy any good? I have just started my Level 2 at college and are having a few penetrating conditioning treatments but need a good shampoo and conditioner to improve the condition quickly. Their is still black in my hair underneath which my hairdresser wants to highlight but I think its best to leave it to recover. Plus it looks like I have lowlights, so no big rush. Just worried about this damage at the front.

I have just had my hair stripped from black with Matrix colour eraser but unfortunately my ends at the front is really damaged. I need to know what is best for chemically distressed damaged hair, is Goldwell Repair therapy any good? I have just started my Level 2 at college and are having a few penetrating conditioning treatments but need a good shampoo and conditioner to improve the condition quickly. Their is still black in my hair underneath which my hairdresser wants to highlight but I think its best to leave it to recover. Plus it looks like I have lowlights, so no big rush. Just worried about this damage at the front.

Can't recommend pureology repair range a geek will be along just now to give a link to their website where they sell it :)

Repairing products will make it more aesthetically pleasing.. But I'm a firm believer that once the damage is done, until its grown out you will need to go easy! Regular trims, less heat appliances and put the bleaching or colour stripping on hold!

You do completely right to give your hair a rest, especially if your feeling ok about the colour. I'm noticing that some hairdressers don't see a colour stripper as a bleach.. It's a form of bleach. And the damaging results are the same. If you keep applying treatments, like I've said, they will make it feel nice, add shine, make it more manageable. But as soon as u apply more bleach/colour you will go back to square one, just concentrate on the root area the next time it needs colouring! ;)

Repairing products will make it more aesthetically pleasing.. But I'm a firm believer that once the damage is done, until its grown out you will need to go easy! Regular trims, less heat appliances and put the bleaching or colour stripping on hold!

You do completely right to give your hair a rest, especially if your feeling ok about the colour. I'm noticing that some hairdressers don't see a colour stripper as a bleach.. It's a form of bleach. And the damaging results are the same. If you keep applying treatments, like I've said, they will make it feel nice, add shine, make it more manageable. But as soon as u apply more bleach/colour you will go back to square one, just concentrate on the root area the next time it needs colouring! ;)

I dont really agree with what your saying here, Things like this do make me wonder..... The idea of the repairing products is to help improve the condition, just because the damage has been done doesnt mean im just gonna go walk around with s**t hair because the "damage is done" .The results speak for themselves and you get what you pay for. I dont get why your so against them??

I dont really agree with what your saying here, Things like this do make me wonder..... The idea of the repairing products is to help improve the condition, just because the damage has been done doesnt mean im just gonna go walk around with s**t hair because the "damage is done" .The results speak for themselves and you get what you pay for. I dont get why your so against them??

Read my post again.. I'm not against repairing products at all :-| my point is valid. I could lie and say use *this* product and your hair will be completely back to its previous condition. I stand by what I put, a repairing product will aid styling and make it feel better.. But carry on bleaching and applying heat to the hair.. It won't make any difference. If you look back at the original post the the hairdresser wants to apply more bleach? Maybe it's a little too late for a repair treatment if it's snapped off??!

Read my post again.. I'm not against repairing products at all :-| my point is valid. I could lie and say use *this* product and your hair will be completely back to its previous condition. I stand by what I put, a repairing product will aid styling and make it feel better.. But carry on bleaching and applying heat to the hair.. It won't make any difference. If you look back at the original post the the hairdresser wants to apply more bleach? Maybe it's a little too late for a repair treatment if it's snapped off??!

Completely agree Giggler, people don't read posts throughly and jump to conclusions sometimes. But yes you made a valid point.

Wella SP repair xx

Completely agree Giggler, people don't read posts throughly and jump to conclusions sometimes. But yes you made a valid point.

Thank you very muchly! ;)

Yeah I do agree with some of what you said, but it does more than make it feel better... I Cba to argue or to type a long explanation but a good haircare regime for damaged hair along with regular trims WILL dramatically improve the condition and strength of the hair therefor reducing breakag, which is why I don't agree with people been negative towards good products.

Yeah I do agree with some of what you said, but it does more than make it feel better... I Cba to argue or to type a long explanation but a good haircare regime for damaged hair along with regular trims WILL dramatically improve the condition and strength of the hair therefor reducing breakag, which is why I don't agree with people been negative towards good products.

But in this industry do you not think it's an industry that people will jump on you If you say it does this and that and it doesn't? It's better to say it does X and Y and the client comes back and says oh it does more than you said :) bonus!!

Their is nothing to argue about as were all adult enough and professional enough not to argue over the Internet about something we Have different views about but we all come to the same conclusion.

I wouldn't ever tell my clients it does something that it doesn't. I know what the products do that I use and the results speak for themselves, simples. What product range do you use?

I wouldn't ever tell my clients it does something that it doesn't. I know what the products do that I use and the results speak for themselves, simples. What product range do you use?

Matrix biolage :)

I am not arguing with you at all, my post isn't negative in any way either, i was being constructive. U and others have already recommended a repair treatment and I wasn't going against your recommendation. Theres no point in bombarding this thread with endless products.. So I thought I'd bring something else to the thread.

The OP is a trainee hairdresser and I hope that something valuable has been learnt from my post. I was merely supporting the OP decision to ease off over- processing her hair. No harm done.

Well the way it comes across to me is negative slightly, 'obviously' I read it wrong.

Matrix- good stuff.

Well the way it comes across to me is negative slightly, 'obviously' I read it wrong.

Matrix- good stuff.

It is good and I believe in it, as a chair renter I'm not big enough to have pureology or kerastase.

Matrix- good stuff.

The only negative words were the ones you put in my mouth lol! U did read my post wrong, but then it's easily done with font, especially if you don't know that person. No biggy! :)

It is good and I believe in it, as a chair renter I'm not big enough to have pureology or kerastase.

I rent a chair too :) how do you retail? Are you allowed to promote ur chosen product range in salon? I've thought bout it but not sure how to go about it??

I rent a chair too :) how do you retail? Are you allowed to promote ur chosen product range in salon? I've thought bout it but not sure how to go about it??

Yeah I've got my own phone, towels trolley product range and retail range, only thing that is their's is water and electric :) their not fussed as long as I pay the rent :)

Yeah I've got my own phone, towels trolley product range and retail range, only thing that is their's is water and electric :) their not fussed as long as I pay the rent :)

Nice one :) I'm gonna look into it then! My clients ask about the range I use but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.. Can't hurt to enquire can it! Thanks! ;)

Latest posts

Back