Very damaged hair, what professional product best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one :) I'm gonna look into it then! My clients ask about the range I use but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.. Can't hurt to enquire can it! Thanks! ;)

Doubt it will step on their toes, or do you stock the same range?

Doubt it will step on their toes, or do you stock the same range?

No..we are all self employed in the salon.. So I don't want to upset the other stylists. I only started 3 weeks ago.. So don't want to go in guns blazing! Lol!

I'm noticing that some hairdressers don't see a colour stripper as a bleach.. It's a form of bleach. And the damaging results are the same. If you keep applying treatments, like I've said, they will make it feel nice, add shine, make it more manageable. But as soon as u apply more bleach/colour you will go back to square one, just concentrate on the root area the next time it needs colouring! ;)

Hi
I don't know if you are familiar with Affinage Eraser - it doesn't contain bleach at all! Unlike other colour removal systems, the low pH level of Affinage Eraser conditions the hair, leaving it in better condition than when you started!

I have used this product ever since it was launched, and have recently moved onto Blondie Rae which is very similar (but cheaper :biggrin:) Colour removers of recent years have been rubbish and contained nasty chemicals, including formaldehyde, ammonia, bleach etc which is probably why you assumed that all colour removers are 'a form of bleach' Maybe try using them and see for yourself how the clients hair feels, because I have never encountered any damage from using these colour removing products.

As for conditioning treatments, they can be very beneficial to dry, damaged and over processed hair. Bleaching raises the hair cuticle, thus making it porous - A deep hair conditioning treatment doesn't just act on the surface and coat the hair as a normal conditioner does; instead it penetrates deeply into the hair shaft itself in order to help restore moisture lost by over processing. I would recommend the redken all soft range, or bumble&bumble quenching masque, :hug:

Hi
I don't know if you are familiar with Affinage Eraser - it doesn't contain bleach at all! Unlike other colour removal systems, the low pH level of Affinage Eraser conditions the hair, leaving it in better condition than when you started!

I have used this product ever since it was launched, and have recently moved onto Blondie Rae which is very similar (but cheaper :biggrin:) Colour removers of recent years have been rubbish and contained nasty chemicals, including formaldehyde, ammonia, bleach etc which is probably why you assumed that all colour removers are 'a form of bleach' Maybe try using them and see for yourself how the clients hair feels, because I have never encountered any damage from using these colour removing products.

As for conditioning treatments, they can be very beneficial to dry, damaged and over processed hair. Bleaching raises the hair cuticle, thus making it porous - A deep hair conditioning treatment doesn't just act on the surface and coat the hair as a normal conditioner does; instead it penetrates deeply into the hair shaft itself in order to help restore moisture lost by over processing. I would recommend the redken all soft range, or bumble&bumble quenching masque, :hug:

Thank u for the hairdressing lesson! Lmao! After 17 years I have come across and tried many different products. Colour strippers.. Wipe outs.. Cream bleaches..we are all very different when it comes to our opinions on which products are best and it's what separates us apart from the rest. I don't impose my opinions on anyone unless they've asked for one. The OP asked a question, I answered it from my perspective. This girls hair is dry because of a colour stripper.. I rest my case.

goldwell kerasilk with the red lid its amazing :)

Thanks guys, i have bought Macaddamia shampoo and moisture rinse as well as the repair mask and oil. Ends just feel frazzled, not attractive. Won't ever colour strip again, it's not worth the damage. Going to leave mask and the oil on my ends overnight and see if it calms them down. Went to a different hairdresser as my current hairdresser told me not to do it, so 100% learnt my lesson and will certainly stick to my opinion when I am qualified with all my clients. Will definately be going back to her.

Latest posts

Back