Very depressed...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your story makes me giggle too. Just remebering back to my first set and it was my mums. She has never had them done from me again. She prefers her lovely natural nails. You should take pics of your nails and keep them so in the future you can compare them and see the differnce

Ha, ha! I'll steer well clear of sculpting at the mo!
But to quote the Hollies,
" The road is long,
With many a winding turn."
That could have been written just for us geeks!:biggrin:

You should take pics of your nails and keep them so in the future you can compare them and see the differnce
That's a really good idea. I don't have a digital camera though, would I get decent pics with a throwaway one, I wonder??

I wish I had have taken a pic, will do next time. We also have clients coming into college in two weeks time, will take my camera, in the meantime its practise and a glass of wine time for me now. Good luck, keep us posted how it goes. xx

Will do. Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I'm going to head off home now and eat a little chocolate:p . Back on Halloween, methinks(no PC at home sadly.) Take care.

I had the same problem as you - I put a thread on here a few weeks ago after my bad experience. I qualified five weeks ago and I basically was readay to throw in the towel.

I read what other geeks told me and i took a break - only a week or so and chilled. I had been so het up from practising and passing I forgot what I was doing and why was I doing this to myself. The break did me good and I did my first set of infills last week - and you know what?? I MISSED doing them!!!! they were not the best set I have ever done, but I got the fire back.

have a break, a few days or even a week or so and you will get the fire back to make you so well, keep practising and please do ntot give up. some geeks told me it took them months, even a year to be really good. If you want to pm me to talk as I felt liek you did a couple of weeks ago, please do. we all have to start somewhere, but please do not give up now- you have to believe it!

Yes a few friends seem to always be busy now and do not want there nails done I think this is because it was taking me 3.5 hours they do not want to sit for this long even my 17 year old will not have them done she says she has not got the time to sit that long LOL!!!! This upsets me as I would do anything for anyone if I knew it was of a great help but then not everyone is the same are they?

Good luck you will get there in the end

Caz xxx

thenailista said:
I've printed the brush tutorials and will beg my friend to let me try again with a couple of single nails-better to get two nails right than ten nails wrong. Has anyone else done sets on friends that had gone wrong, and had the mates politely decline any further sets?

I know it's a bit different, but try doing your own hand/s.... if I cant pin anyone down (literally) then thats what I do... that way you can practice practice practice!! and then you can blame yourself for giving yourself a s**t set, and tell yourself you will never let you do them again! ha ha.... oh god I'm going mad! It's the momomer!:eek:

I did a single nail on one of my fellow students today, and it looked pretty good. I was patting the acrylic way too much previously, and it was just becoming lumpy and bumpy. Today, I smoothed a lot more towards the free edge, and it was turning out so much better! Yay! There is hope for me yet-lots more practise needed!! But thanks to everybody who offered me advice and encouragement-it's been so much appreciated.:D :D

Yes, my best friend and sister-in-law let me practice on her in the beginning and she was too sweet to say no when I kept asking, oh! they must have been AWFUL!!! Anyway, she has been the Manager of my Salon for years now, a fantastic tech and taught solely by me...you CAN do it! So, go for it, practice WILL make perfect, good luck!

learning to do nails is one of the hardest things i think there is to learn.My nails are getting better all the time but there is always something i am not happy with,i think that's built in to any nail tech,we're never happy.My own nails are pretty damn good so when i folk complain how they "just fell off.."i think its rather odd that doesn't happen to mine.In fact no breaks and no lifting and my god am i heavy handed!Keep practising and if you can do a nice set on yourself you're on a roll.:D

:cry: I feel pretty depressed myself right now ,for a different reason,which is why this is the only thread i've replied to tonight.Because i wouldn't wish anyone to be feeling the way i do right now.In fact i feel so down that i'm now getting depressed over everything and anything...god i hope "family fortunes" isn't on uk gold tonight because i'll be crying big time if the family when the big cash prize, thats how sad and emotional i feel tonight.

you have the passion to succeed so you will....wheres i need to win the lottery!!as if!!:sad:

Aspirations said:
funny you should say that - I didnt get on with my nail trainer at all.... much prefer the real thing, used to get nails pinging off all over the room!
Aspirations said:
I am still having probs after 3 years so dont give up! I used to dread L&P but now its my favourite. Read the tutorials and it will start to make sense... x

Me too I hated the nail trainer with the passion!!

taking photo's of the nails you are producing now will help to boost you back up when you have a bad day in 6 months time, because you'll get the pics out and think WOW I'VE COME A LONG WAY SINCE THEN... and you'll feel proud of your achievements when you compare them.
all of us have had times like you're having now, it does get better hunny :hug:
I started a thread not long ago called 'looking back and feeling proud'... it was all about looking back at the nails I used to produce and what I can do now, the differences are amazing as they looked so crap before lol... it boosts you right back up.
Look to the Future and know inside yourself that you WILL get the hang of it :hug:
xxx

i can remember how depressing it was for a long time when i first started. i would take a good four hours to produce the thickest lumpiest mess you have ever seen.even now years later i'm still rarely completely happy with them,but thats good cos i'm constantly looking to improve. people dont realise just how hard it is to actually do decent nails, it all looks easy from the other side of the table.you will improve with time and determination and then all those unwilling victims of the past will be begging you to do their nails but you will be too busy to do them!

I found it really difficult to work on the nail trainer and prefered a real hand! Ive still got a long way to go with l&P, Ive done some sets which have looked lovely and lasted,then I did my friends on Sunday only to find that they had all come off last night! I knew they would as when I went round her house was like a furnace and the product was setting before I could get it on her nails! Oh well she'll need a new set now so its more practice for me

you keepa t it babes you will get there good luck
x

Another update- last Thursday we had paying clients at college, and my set( I only did one hand) was looking pretty good. I've also done a couple on myself and even did one of my mum's nails. Plus I've got my first personal paying client on Friday!:Scared: I can tell you, it is so excellent when things finally start to come together.:biggrin:

thenailista said:
I've printed the brush tutorials and will beg my friend to let me try again with a couple of single nails-better to get two nails right than ten nails wrong. Has anyone else done sets on friends that had gone wrong, and had the mates politely decline any further sets?

I have not read every reply, but remember to use smaller beads of product. Once you hit zone 3 very small beads so that you can bevel the product gently to the natural nail so there is no door-step. ;)

Nailista.................. I was feeling the same way as you some time back now, but carried on and on and on, taking photos as I went. I took a visit to my website where all the photos were and was horrified to see the work I WAS producing compared to now. It just goes to show that with time and practice improvements are made.
I was that shocked by the work I had done I took off the pics and left the ones on I had done this year.
I still have copies of my old work on comp if I need a reality check. Hee Hee.
So DO carry on. You will not regret it. We are all here to help you and be a shoulder for you.
Sherry

TracyUK said:
blimey aspirations i know you said a while back you had had a haircut you didnt like but until seeing yr avatar I didn't realise why you were so upset hon !:D

PMSL!!! its better now, looked like bloody Bagpuss for a while!! LMAO! x

Latest posts

Back