Video of 'How to Clean Your HVLP Spray Gun'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi colin its in working order now thanks to hubby, will be more careful next time, the video on how to clean the gun will be great for every one, would be great if had video on spray tanning with tips too. x

well yes that would be agood idea..best ask Jen and her co director if they will come up with the goods for you....would need a model though..you up for that then???

hi i think i,ll pass on that one thanks !!!!!!!:lol: ,but yes have to ask jen if she could do one,:) and a brave model needed to be spray tanned.

And a star was born
Well done Jen and Carl that was really good and is turning out to be really popular, with lots of requests for other videos lol :hug:

Brilliant Video!

I was shown how to clean my gun when I had my training on friday, but no doubt when I do get using it, I will have gone a total blank with the excitement of using it lol (little things please little minds)...Now if I do get stuck, I have something to refer to before I start panicking and phoning my trainer ..

Thank you so much for this video.

Great video Jen, funny to 'hear' you too lol...

I also take off the nozzle at the front of my gun, the little silver bit that is left when you take off the front screw and washer.. do I not need to do this then? I do sometimes get build up in there too, just wondered what everyone else did?

Brilliant Video!

I was shown how to clean my gun when I had my training on friday, but no doubt when I do get using it, I will have gone a total blank with the excitement of using it lol (little things please little minds)...Now if I do get stuck, I have something to refer to before I start panicking and phoning my trainer ..

Thank you so much for this video.

I am sure that if you can tinker with motorbikes then a spraygun is going to be a walk in the park for you :hug:

Great video Jen, funny to 'hear' you too lol...

I also take off the nozzle at the front of my gun, the little silver bit that is left when you take off the front screw and washer.. do I not need to do this then? I do sometimes get build up in there too, just wondered what everyone else did?

If it works for you Sherrie then you do it flower.. I didn't know about that nozzle actually, I was originally shown what I showed on the video by my trainer.. I will have a look at what you mention to see if this part does come loose on my gun. I would have thought though once the needle is out, that part will be rinsed off when the gun is soaking in the hot soapy liquid (which I do when I do a really througher monthly clean - the vid was a quick guide).

:hug:

wowzers! Thanks Jen! xxx :hug:

I have just looked at my gun Sherrie and my gun doesn't have any part that will come off behind the washer. I think you might be over complicating it a bit .. but if yours comes off easily then do what works for you hun :)

ok lol, its the bit that the needle actually ends up sticking out of at the front of the gun, with the small hole in the middle when the needle is removed, on my gun it unscrews and comes completely off so I normally clean it too as it gets a bit gunky. I dont do it every time, maybe once a month :green:

Well done Jen, fab as usual!

xxx

Hoping the fantastic video is being of help to geeks and thanks again Jen and I hope you don't mind me adding a bit more infomation which may be of assisance when cleaning your gun..sorry but not as high tec as your efforts so no video just some text...if you want to watch a movie you can always stare at my new avator :lol:

GENERAL
if you are using soapy water to wash through with make sure ou thoughly rinse with clean water and remove all soap..the PH level of most soaps is high and can effect the DHA reaction outcome.

MINIMIST T100 and T200
When stripping down remember to also remove the white plastic pick up hose that sticks out of the bottom of the gun into the liquid cup.
Just give it a firm tug and it will kind of click out..

This will enable you to clean behind and up into the inside of the handle.

FYI also this is also one of the main causes for intermittant spray output..if this seal isn't air tight then the pick up of liquid could be intermittant and result in either a streaky or patchy tan.

The hose should "click" out and back in..if it doesn't it could be a poor fit due to wear and tear and realy should be replaced.

We recieve many calls each week from different customers telling us they bought a kit 3 years ago and now their gun is "broken" 99% of cases turn out to be simply that gun's are not maintained properly and the problem is easily rectified.

The old saying of "a bad tradesman(or woman) always blames his/her tools(or machine)" may well apply and it is a good tradesman(or woman) that is someone that is not only perficiant at what he/she does but also in maintaining the equipment he/she uses to a job well done.

So guy's give your gun a loving and caring home and with plenty of TLC will work hard for you in turning out fantastic tans week in wek out :hug:

Last edited:
JEN! That was brilliant. I couldn't take my eyes and ears off it and I don't even do spray tanning. Really clear and informative. Well done to you and Carl. xxx

I wonder if this should be requested as a sticky(there aren't any on skingeek at the mo) and there are so many spray tanners using this gun on the site it would be useful to have it readily available.

Latest posts

Back